Too Much Chicken

P

Patrick's BBQ

I smoked two large yardbirds yesterday and I've picked them clean. What should I do with the meat? I have made chicken salad with some but I still have a few lbs left over. any suggestions?

I am doing New Mexican stacked Chicken Enchiladas with red sauce with my left overs.

Another option, Mexican, would be quesadillas - really easy and I can tell you how if you need to know.

Another option - pizza

I smoked two large yardbirds yesterday and I've picked them clean. What should I do with the meat? I have made chicken salad with some but I still have a few lbs left over. any suggestions?

freeze it is always a good option for leftovers - but a BBQ Chicken Pizza loaded with jalapenos sounds great....

Hard to beat chicken enchiladas... but with chicken the options are endless...

Freeze it, make some home made chicken soup this fall on a cold rainy day.

I had a bunch of chicken left over and made 1/2 of my stuffed peppers with chicken instead of hamburger and the fam loved it.

Chicken Lasagna

My Fam Likes it when I make "White Chicken Lasagna" Use the chicken instead of ground beef" Use creme of mushroom soup and creme of chicken soup, with only half of the water so it stays thick instead of Tomato sauce, add some vegetables like peas & carrots, and there ya go. :icon_bigsmil Bush

Bush - me like! I make a mean Lasagna so I will try with some yardbird. Thanks for the insparation.

yeah basically just add it to spaghetti noodles instead of ground beef and then top with fav.bbq sauce.

Teryaki bowls work for my leftover chicken some rice and teriyaki sauce I'm good to go.

Grab some sausage and make red beans and rice with sausage and peppers.

We make this a lot, either with leftover chicken, or we'll pull pieces out of the freezer and cook them up. We've always called it "Pasta Hot 'n Naked".

Boil up some angel hair pasta, drain and hold the pasta in the colander.

In the pasta pot, add a generous splash of good olive oil and about 3T butter. Saute up some garlic, onion and mushrooms, and peppers if you like. I like chopped black olives also. Saute just until the onions are translucent. Add the cooked chicken just long enough to heat it up.

Add the cooked pasta and toss well. If it seems dry, add more butter or oil. Shake on some good Parmesan or Romano cheese and red pepper flakes. Sweet basil and/or oregano is a nice addition.

With a Caesar salad and garlic bread, you've got dinner in one pot.

Chris

bring it to me! i'm not that far away! :biggrin:

how about a chicken puff pastry delight?

chickenpuffsurprize-003.jpg

chickenpuffsurprize-013.jpg

chickenpuffsurprize-025.jpg

Gumbo sounds good. Toss some in a cob salad. Cream cheese or any kind of cheese, diced tomatoes with the chicken on a soft shell rolled up. Add some to the stuffing mix in abts. Grilled cheese with the chicken instead of ham. Make up some salmon patties but use chicken instead. Add some to cream of chicken or mushroom soup and pour over linguine. Chicken ala king. There would not be one morsel going to waste at my house.
Dave

Back