THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R

Rick's Tropical Delight

yesterday i smoked a couple jerk rubbed turkey wings with cherry and then smoked some red jalapenos with jack daniels oak barrel chips.

twingschipotles-001.jpg

twingschipotles-003.jpg

i pulled all the jalapeno plants and here is what was on the vines

twingschipotles-007.jpg

twingschipotles-016.jpg

twingschipotles-022.jpg

those are in the dehydrator now

you sure have a nice clean drip pan:biggrin:

Wish I could help you with the jalapenos - just got back from the market and they were so bad I did not buy any:cry:

what's with the candelabra - some sort of shrine ya got there?:-D

We know you worship your Eggs but geez...............................

Nice wings bro...it IS getting to be that time of the year again isn't it...:p Turkey...AND snow! :twisted: We had our first frost this morning...

Great lookin wings and peppers Rick! I don't envy you with the snow though. Brrrrrr...... :-D

Nice bird wings! That snow looks like fun. haven't seen any in a couple of years.

It's been nice here, 80s yesterday and sunny.

I've been a turkey for most of my life, so I consider myself a turkey expert and I can tell you that those are some real purty turkey wings! :rolleyes:

Those look mighty nice!:cool: So you smoke and dry them whole with the seeds, eh? Like a little extra kick in them?

yep and yep.

Nice wings! Nice chipotles...

By chance did you make some adobo?

not yet.

Rtd,
Do you leave your ez up all winter?
I have been wondering if they would hold up to snows/winter.
Thanks,
jon

yep. that ez-up got broken by the wind this spring bacause i didn't have it tied down securely. when one breaks, i just buy another.

Back