Keeping take out brisket moist

C

chachahut

I had a customer today come in & get 1# of brisket. Told me the last time he was in - the brisket dried out before he got home (about 15 minutes away). I double wrapped the brisket in foil & I know it was not dry when it left. Today, I put it in a 9" round with a few sprays of house wash & hit it with a little more of the wash before putting on the lid. Asked him to left me know if that works.

I know it's the nature of Q to dry out the longer it sits - but want to do what I can to slow that process.

So - looking for suggestions - what do you do to keep brisket (or pork or turkey or chicken) moist when ordered for take out?

I hate to say it, but, sauce. I have tried various methods for keeping brisket, and really, pulled pork moist and there is really two options that worked. One is putting heated sauce on it. The other is putting a fair amount of very hot brisket jus in the foil and wrapping up tight. A moist enviroment that remains hot is what needs to happen.

Can't go the sauce route - just ain't gonna happen. Trying a bit of the house wash (a fairly neutral combo of cider & cider vinegar in a spray bottle) in the package to see if that helps. Might switch over to the pan juice tho. Had a summer college kid who always dunked her bread in that when making a scraps sammie. Said it kept the sandwich hot while driving home. She may have been on to something...

that's not a bad idea. maybe toast the bread and dip in very, very, hot jus to keep steam/moisture in the container.

it'd add to cost, but white bread per slice wouldn't be too bad.

What we do is use the hot juice and wrap it in plastic first then foil haven't had to many complaints since doing this

Great question!

Make a beef au jus using any and all brisket scraps you can save. Mine is as close to natural juice as you'll ever get. Helps alot.

Line your to go container with a foil sheet also, keeps the liquid in contact with the meat.

Back