Happy Wednesday Farkers...here's what's cookin'

Hunterman95

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Just so happens that today is my weekend, so I fired up the UDS this morning, then ran to the store.
After multiple failures, I decided to give brisket another try.
Here it is going on the UDS, rubbed with Kosher salt, garlic granules, and Plowboys Bovine Bold.
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNDEzLTAwMTY2LmpwZw.jpg

Like I said, in three attempts I've yet to produce a decent brisket. So I hedged my bets and got 3 racks of babyback ribs too. I rubbed one with Plowboys Yardbird, one with SM Sweet & Spicy, and one with SM Cherry. Just before removing, I galzed them all with Blues Hog, and sprinkled with brown sugar. The brisket was not ready in time for dinner, so it's a good thing I had the ribs. They were all very good, but I think next time I'll skip the glaze (they all kind of tasted the same, and I really wanted to see which rub worked best). Here's a pic just before pulling them off:
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNDEzLTAwMTY4LmpwZw.jpg

The brisket is in the cooler now, I'll post a picture later. I think I might actually have a good one this time :pray:

Last edited:
Mine starts tomorrow, so chicken and brisket for me.. First thing I'll get brisket going and later in the day put the chicken on, yours looks real good by the way, good luck

MAN those ribs sure look good!!!

Hope the brisky will turn out better for you this time man!
Good luck!

The brisket turned out much, much, better than my previous attempts. It was fall-apart tender! Still a little dryer than I'd like, but I had a couple of temp spikes (while I was messing with the ribs) that would explain that. Tender and slightly dry is much better than the shoe-leather I had the last 3 times! here's a couple pics of the brisket:
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNDEzLTAwMTY5LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNDEzLTAwMTcyLmpwZw.jpg

I cooked some wings on the gas Weber. Dusted with Yardbird. Were really good, but not as good as when I cook them on the BGE raised direct.

Back