well...I pulled the trigger...

kik_start

Full Fledged Farker
I changed my mind about the electric smoker and decided to stay with charcoal so I ordered the CyberQ, should ship today according to email. I can't wait to use this thing to see how much different the cooks will be.

I have a UDS and a Weber Performer, if this works good I am going to get the Smokey Mountain too.

Has anyone tried the lump mesquite sold at Sam's club? I bought a bag (for the second time)...the first wasn't all that great but thought I would try again.

Placed my order on 6/18 (Saturday), then got an email on 6/20 (Monday) saying this was shipped. I was billed the same day.

I still have not received this thing. Does everyone wait this long to get theirs in the mail?

I've tried to call them but a recording is all I get. Why would they be closed today?

ive used the new lump from sams, i think its "best of the west". at first i was impressed by the size of the chunks on the top, but after sorting through those big ones, the rest of the bag was dust

Has anyone tried the lump mesquite sold at Sam's club? I bought a bag (for the second time)...the first wasn't all that great but thought I would try again.

I have been working through my first bag of the mesquite lump. Some of the chunks are ginormous! :shock: Other than that it seems to be good stuff. I have not gone all the way through it yet but my bag seems to be a good mix.

I pulled out a piece from the bag I almost considered using the chainsaw on! LOL

Then there is about 5 pounds of pure dust in the bottom...

You can figure 5-7 days on UPS or Fed-EX for shipping.
Waiting on that new toy brings back memories of waiting on Christmas as a youth.
Just purchased a couple of new toys and I am waiting myself. It would have been great to get them today, since I am solo tonight.

I have been very pleased with my iQue, so far. Different brand, but same idea. I think you will like it.

CD

I pulled out a piece from the bag I almost considered using the chainsaw on! LOL

Then there is about 5 pounds of pure dust in the bottom...

That's why I don't use lump for smoking, and only rarely for grilling -- when I need really high heat.

I especially hate the small pieces that fall through almost any fire grate or basket. Grrrrr.

CD

I used briquettes for heat and use pieces of Pecan and apple wood for smoke, saved from trees in my backyard.

Its just too easy to get consistent temps with quality briquettes . I have it down to where I know how many briquettes to light to get a certain temp and I am at the right temp within a few minutes with my UDS. If I used lump I would have to guess each time and it would be more difficult to start and maintain temps.

Back