Wicked Good

Big George's BBQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Anyone use wicked good lump. I bought some recently and the bag had some of the biggest pieces of lump I have ever seen. Looked like they put the tree in the bag. Also had some scrap wood

i love it for long cooks and loathe it for hot and fast cooks. i always find some scrap wood in there as well and from what i'm told, it's normal. on piece of scrap i could actually make out as wood baseboard.

I really like Wicked Good. As for the big pieces, hit 'em with a hammer.

I first picked up a bag of WG Weekend Warrior at an EggFest and loved the smell it introduced and for long cooks it was great. No place here carries it so I ordered 3 bags from the company, cost as much to ship as it did for the 3 bags. I would not buy it this way again.

I was a little disappointed, the smell was not the same and I believe on the Website I read they had stopped using certain trees and I guess that was the Competition blend, but it was not the Competition Blend I had bought the first time.

I love the burn time on Wicked Good. It actually lets me sleep when using my offset.

Love it and it's all I use. Best way to buy it is by the pallet and share it.

just bought my first bag today of weekend warrior for $15.99 and will try it sometime this weekend hopefully it's worth the price

just bought my first bag today of weekend warrior for $15.99 and will try it sometime this weekend hopefully it's worth the price

What size bag did you get for that price? If 22 lbs., you got a good deal IMO.

yup it is the 22 lb'er I picked it up at the Westerly Meat Packing Co. in Westerly RI

I was there picking up some other items and saw the bag sitting there, I had never seen it before locally

I love it, but I have a WGC beef, and I need to write to these guys and let em know. I am not a whiner complainer-caveat emptor-but the quality of the lump is going down a bit, an the last two bags of briquettes I bought were bags of dust, I mean half the bag!. All at the same time their prices spiked.

I'm finishing up my 1st bag of their Weekend Warrior lump and was impressed. Yes, some pretty large pieces but not much of the dust/tiny chips in my bag so I'm happy. Ash production is noticeably less than other lump I've used. This is my top choice for lump now.

It isn't cheap (I buy it for $21), but it is worth it in my opinion. If you can buy it for $15.99 then you are very lucky. My dealer carries it and even when he runs the occasional sale it is $18.99. I also buy the cheap, but pretty decent red bag of Royal Oak lump for times when I don't need to do low and slows. Wicked Good is my "go to" lump though.

Back