***NEW DATE*** INDIANA (and surrounding areas) BRETHREN BASH

Wampus

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It's official!

Indiana BBQ Brethren Bash!!!!
Where: Wampus's place--Mooresville, IN (PM for details please)
When: Saturday, May 14th thru Sunday, May 15th ***NEW DATE***
What: BBQ, beers, music......hangin out!!!

:whoo:

So I've got 3 smokers and 2 Weber kettles. I'll throw a brisket and a butt (or 2) on the smoker on Friday night, so they'll be ready for slicing/pulling by mid-day on Saturday......or.......WHEN THEY'RE FARKIN DONE!!!:becky:

Y'all are welcome to come out on either Day, or both.
The house will be open to anyone who needs a spot on the floor, or a couch to crash on Saturday night.
Bringing your own smoker and/or things to smoke is not only allowed, but ENCOURAGED!:thumb:

PLEASE NOTE: As I have 4 kids and this is their house, they (and the lovely Mrs. Wampus) will NOT be asked to leave for the weekend. Please keep this in mind. Beers, whiskey, whatever beverage you wanna bring is just fine with me, but know that I expect things to be "appropriate". Not at all that I expect someone would come to a fellow Brethren's home and plan to get WILD CRAZY:nono:......but I just want to set the proper expectation.

I have a large empty lot next door to me, so (if it's warm enough) tents can be pitched if needed.
My plan is to run off to Mass (Yes.....I'm Catholic) early on Sunday and return. Anyone's certainly welcome to go with.
Anyone who'd like to bring their kid companions, let me know. Not that this is intended to be a children event, but mine are 11, 9, 7 and 4 and are always looking for new playmates. Just throwing that out there.
I don't have a HUGE house, but we do have 4 bedrooms and 2 finished floors over an unfinished basement. Plenty of room. Hopefully the weather will cooperate, and if so, got plenty of room outside. Our house sits on a large lot (partially wooded) of 1.71 acres.

I've been thinking about doing this for some time, and NOW's the time!!!!

It's time to come out, sit and talk BBQ, meet 'n' greet, talk "Brethren" and so on!

Come one, come all!
HERE WE GO!!!!!
:dancer:

ROLL CALL.......who's in?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE NOTE: As I have 4 kids and this is their house, they (and the lovely Mrs. Wampus) will NOT be asked to leave for the weekend. Please keep this in mind. Beers, whiskey, whatever beverage you wanna bring is just fine with me, but know that I expect things to be "appropriate". Not at all that I expect someone would come to a fellow Brethren's home and plan to get WILD CRAZY:nono:......but I just want to set the proper expectation.

Well... That leaves Chambers out...

:becky: :becky: :becky: :becky: :becky:

Me too, if I can't run around naked and completely hammered, well, it just won't feel like home. Oh, there is the issue that I can't even get a weekend off, much less drive to Indiana. But, this does sound like a great time.

Well... That leaves Chambers out...

:becky: :becky: :becky: :becky: :becky:

Well, duh! :-D

I'd love to go, but that is my wife's birthday and she's a much better kisser than Ron L.

Would love to come and meet everybody,but we are going to be in liberty indiana for there comp that weekend. Have a good time everybody. Hopefully next time it will work out for us. :thumb:

^^^^Gratuitous bump.

Oops... Wrong thread. :-D

I really want to come down for this. I won't know for sure until we get closer to the date because of my dynamic work travel schedule.

^^^^Gratuitous bump.

I really want to come down for this. I won't know for sure until we get closer to the date because of my dynamic work travel schedule.

Wow, someone really likes his work travel schedule. It's DYNAMIC. ;)

Yes, I know what ya mean.

^^^^Gratuitous bump.

Would certainly love to have ya Ron!
So far it's only me and Downtown Smokeout confirmed. I've been PM'ing anyone I see from around here, but noone's jumped in. The other thread I posted I got a lot of interest, but.......?

Probably cuz Chambers backed out.........:tsk:

bump.......AGAIN.

Not much interest after all? Thought this sounded like a hit in my last thread!

So far I have:

Me (confirmed)
Downtown Smokeout (confirmed)
Ron_L (maybe, leaning towards yes:becky:)
Codstar (my brother.....he's confirmed, just doesn't know it yet:heh:)

Kempis, if you weren't so scary, more people would show up. LOL

I'd really like to make it...but I'd much rather keep my wife happy on her birthday.

Wampus, we would be there but we have a comp that weekend. if you plan one later in year let me know.

Its a bad weekend for me with it being the Liberty competition weekend, or else i would be there.

Sounds like it might be a good idea to change weekends.

Alright.......I didn't have any other options in May until the last couple of days when the PGBBQ in Dayton, OH was cancelled.

How about May 14/15? Is there a comp that weekend?

I'll send out PM's.

We'll be at a comp in Southern Illinois that weekend. I don't see anything else close on the KCBS site for that weekend.

Back