THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fo Sizzle My Nizzle

is one Smokin' Farker
Any tips on the proper way to inject a butt? I'm not sure if I just try to load too much into the butt and just have all the excess leak out or is it my technique? I usually inject in one inch squares, being careful not to push all the way through.

you can get 2 to 4 cups liq into a 9 # butt.....go into the side that is cut and watch, I will have about 4 spots injected....... if butt is really trimned out it will not hold...it should blow up like a basket ball..if you penetrate from the fat cap side the fluid will not hold under the layer.. the old timers find the veins and inject into the artery system like a mortician

Last edited:
I always pick a top and a bottom, and leave it oriented that way. Then I always inject from the top and all sides at a 45 degree angle downward.

I have found that by doing it this way, you don't tend to lost so much injection..... It's what I do ....

I saw Myron Mixon on Pitmasters using what he called injection bags. Looked like a good idea, but I really haven't tried to find any so i guess I wasn't that impressed. I just inject and then clean the wall, floor, etc.

I put the meat in an aluminum pan and inject away.
I hit it in different places, at different angles and depths until it won't hold any more.

Back