Sunday Ribs

2ndchance

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Sunday was my families Christmas get together so I was asked to bring a meat dish. I found a 2 pack of Spares at BJ's for $15 so that answered the question of what to cook. I did a St louis cut on them then gave them a mustard slather and applied a homemade rub and put them in the fridge overnight.
I got up early and got the drum stabalized at 225 to 230 degrees

Then the ribs went on

I put a little extra brown sugar on them to sweeten them up a little more.
I used the 3-2-1 method and got ribs that in my opinion were a little to tender but tasted amazing. The family loved them and my contribution was the only plate that got wiped out.:clap2: I saw my sister and her daughter go on them like they were the first ribs that they had ever had and then had to explain to their husbands how I did them.
All I have to say is
I LOVE MY DRUM :clap2::clap2::clap2:

How can ribs be "a little too tender"? I thought more tender was a good thing. :confused:

Nice I love my UDS as well!!

pwa

thats great but I know what you mean by a little too tender, I am the same way the family wants them fall off the bone and I like them to have just a touch of pull to get them off the bone. to me makes for a better texture.

thats great but I know what you mean by a little too tender, I am the same way the family wants them fall off the bone and I like them to have just a touch of pull to get them off the bone. to me makes for a better texture.

+1 on this

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

I'll give a +2 on this! I hate when ribs cross over and essentially become pulled pork.Just tough those because my mom is a senior and prefers "soft" ribs..

brickie

How can ribs be "a little too tender"? I thought more tender was a good thing. :confused:

I thought this was the case to until I started looking into competition cooking and learned very fast they don't want them falling off the bone.

My buddy cooks his ribs until they fall apart when doing the bend test. Still believes he's a master rib man though.LOL

brickie

I love them both ways but prefer a bit of bite to them. My family loves them fall of the bone...

I always go for slight pull off but don't complain when I get fall off by going a bit to far.

Back