"Best of the Best"-Douglas, GA-- in late Oct.

The_Kapn

Moderator Emeritus

Batch Image
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, Chad and I provided logistical support for Nancee and Greg--Purple Turtle.
We had a great, if exhausting, time.
An Invitational + an Open will wear ya out with a stick burner :redface:

Are there any teams out there, who have an invite, that would like to come on down and cook this fantastic event if they had local support for all the big stuff?
You would supply the flavors and determine the cook times and temps.
You would control the cooking process because you are the one who earned the "invite"--not us.
We are happy to "make it happen' from there. :grin:

The cookers would be my FEC 100 (Search for Cheketta) and Brent's Medium SpiceBox on a trailer.

Brent, I, and Chad are planing on cooking the Open.
Might as well cook the Invitational if someone needs some support.

We would be happy to provide the equipment for an "out of region" team that wanted to come in and "do their thing" for the Invitational.

We are not equipped for "Whole Hog" cooking--sorry!

TIM

Good deal Tim. I can probably bring a few items to help out as well.

I can't find any information on how they determine the invites.

The invites go out to the top teams from each sanctioning group across the country, winners at specific national level cookoffs, and winners from the previous year. They cap it off at 50 teams.

The invites go out to the top teams from each sanctioning group across the country, winners at specific national level cookoffs, and winners from the previous year. They cap it off at 50 teams.

Wonder what the "Specific National Level" cookoffs are. You'd think they'd put it up on their site. The GAB is bad about explaining their invites on their site as well. The AMR has a good bit of info on their invites.

fwiw i think they cast a pretty wide net. i got an invite to this year's contest and the best i did last year was a reserve and a couple of firsts in individual categories.

Back