THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceedubya

Knows what a fatty is.
As I am building out my kitchen and working on my trailer i would really like to have the ability to sell some bbq!

I have a couple of opportunities around town that i would like to take advantage of this month. Since i am doing all prep and cooking from a commisary i will just need a hot and cold storage and serving option at the vending location. I won't need triple sinks but do need a hand wash sink with hot water. The good news is i will never be more than 10 minutes from the kitchen.

I was thinking of picking up a couple of ez-ups, or one big one. Do you have any experience with this, and if so does anyone have pictures of thier setup? Or, do you have a better option?

Depending on regs you will need a screened in tent to serve from. Something to cover the floor (cant serve on grass) and you WILL need a 3 sink set-up for washing utensils. Dont forget temp logs for inspection.

Good luck!

As stated by BBQ Bubba, it depends on your health department. I am allowed to set up tents to prep food on site, as long as they have four walls. I do need ability to hand wash, but do not need 3 sink set up onsite, because I do all prep, and clean up at the commercial kitchen I rent out. Every health department is different, and even going from county to county can have different requirements. I am allowed per my county to use coolers on site, but some require actual refrigeration. This question is best asked of your HD rep.

My HD is good with just a hand sink as long as I bring extra clean utensils. I can wash at the licensed kitchen. I plan to use cambros for hoT and cold hold. I have a small trailer I could bring with a generator if needed and maybe fit out a refrigerator option.

Back