Brisket for $1.49

Jbowie

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Was in my local HEB in Tomball, TX yesterday as always I check the brisket stack. The usual Select packers for $2.46. One of the employees asked if I needed a brisket today. That is when he informed me of new price coming Wednesday of $1.49. Usually this results in short supply and they have to substitute choice or prime for same price. will buy select for burgers and sausage if all else fails.

already in my head I am doing calculations to see if it is cheaper to drive to Texas, buy brisket for $1.49 and drive back...to St Louis.

Thanks for the tip Joe!! I hope you can find some nice ones in Tomball.

appreciate the post. those heb guys know who buys their meat if you are in there a lot. its funny how they will substitute when they run out of select but refuse to price match walmart's briskets. but at $1.49 it is hard to complain.

I switched over a couple of years ago to just using prime. For the effort, I find the final product to be more juicy, etc. Picked up a 15 pounder yesterday from my HEB for about $3.60 /lb.

That's fantastic news!! I have to pick up 2 to smoke for a wedding shower and that will really save me some bucks. If they were to be choice or prime super good eatings! Thanks for posting!!

Ugh, considering I'm seeing whole packers for upwards of $7/lb, that kinda makes me a bit sick.

May your brisket be tough and dry!

*I'm kidding. Awesome price. Congrats.

I switched over a couple of years ago to just using prime. For the effort, I find the final product to be more juicy, etc. Picked up a 15 pounder yesterday from my HEB for about $3.60 /lb.

i agree with this. i still have a couple primes in the freezer from last year when i found them at a decent price. lately they have been over $4.50/LB. i am hoping they drop the price of prime this week too.

Thanks for chiming in there MIKE. Sorry I haven't talked with u lately.

i agree with this. i still have a couple primes in the freezer from last year when i found them at a decent price. lately they have been over $4.50/LB. i am hoping they drop the price of prime this week too.

Costco in Fort Worth has had primes for $2.97 lb. when I go to HEB and get a select for $1.97 it's worth paying the extra buck per lb. HEB normally has prime for $4.50 in my area.

I've been cooking a lot of those lately Voodochild! They are usually $1 more than HEB select and worth it, IMO. But for $1.49, I can be happy with a select. It helps keep your skills honed to cook select from time to time, you know. :)

Damn... maybe they will open a HEB in AntHome on the Range?
I'm sure they would do well.
Anywhere in Texas is just a bit much of a drive to do the weekly grocery shopping.

Just checked ungraded $1.97 and primes $4.59. Walmart had a whole bin of choice for $1.97 but I couldn't find 1 that looked decent. I'm going back tomorrow.

Back