Probably my last CL BBQ Buy

fedex

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
If it is I've gone out with a BANG. 18 WSM $50.00 in Santa Ana. I'll post a better pic tomorrow when the sun is out and I clean it up. My wife isn't as enthusiastic about it as I am. I already have to many BBQs and that includes 2 UDS's. I will try it out but I may just re-sell it. Thanks to whoever the guy was who gave the heads-up on the CL App.

Last edited:
ha ha, now i know where it went. i posted it on the weber list. a guy on the weber list was gonna get it but was a few minutes to late. you might actually like it though.

ha ha, now i know where it went. i posted it on the weber list. a guy on the weber list was gonna get it but was a few minutes to late. you might actually like it though.

Whats the Weber list?

The guy I got it from said my email hit him about a minute after he posted it. That App is great. And you're right, I may actually like it. Might sell a UDS.

The guy I got it from said my email hit him about a minute after he posted it. That App is great. And you're right, I may actually like it. Might sell a UDS.
Care to share the app?

Great buy. Nice work.

Probably my last CL BBQ Buy

Famous last words...

Awesome buy! I think I've told my wife this is my last Craigslist purchase regularly for the last 4 years. Unfortunately, I always seem to find on more thing I can't pass up.

Never saw a wsm for that low in San Diego.

Heck I hardly even see any wsms down here for sale.

Unbelievable deal you got!

If you do not like a WSM you will be the first I have ever heard that from. I'll give you $50.00 and pay for the shipping if you will pack it for me. :doh:

You will like it. That WSM and one UDS would give you versatility in size.

BTW, that is a new model WSM. You can tell by the thermometer in the lid. You made a big-time score at fifty bucks.

CD

Methinks the thread title is missing the word "not".

Last Craigs List purchase? That is just plain old CRAZY TALK!

Great buy. Hope it's not the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back, so to speak.

ANY deal is a bad one if the wife is in that kind of mood.

Clean and Pretty

After the rain today I went outside and cleaned up my CL WSM I picked up yesterday. Looks brand new. Last night read a bunch of threads on this forum and on the the Weber Bullet website. I decided to take it for a ride today with some easy Chicken Thighs. I started with 1/2 a basket using the minon method, 3/4 chimney and about 3/4 bowl of water. It took about an hour to get up to 250 deg with intakes wide open (to much water in the pan I think). At 250 I closed one intake and left 2 about 1/2, kind of using my UDS method. Temp held steady at 250 for 45 minutes. Cooked the thighs for an 1 1/2 hrs. Held steady at 250 the whole time and as a matter of fact I left it going. Now after 4 hrs it's still cranking at 245. Very impressed.
Now to wrap up a couple issues.
#1 Wifey loved the the Chicken and said it looks better then a fancy 55 gallon drum so that's all good.
#2 I'm keeping it. Can't afford to buy one brand new.
#3 Anyone in SoCal want to buy a UDS? I only need 1. I have one I just finished that I haven't even fired up . Porcelain finished on the outside and burned and blasted inside. All I want is to get my money back for parts (all SS mounting hardware, 3" Tel-Tru Thermometer, John Deere Bottle opener and a CL bought Weber Kettle for lid and grills) which is about $150.00. PM me if anyone is interested...............Bob

Last edited:
Back