Burger Spices??

basuraman

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
If you are the type that likes to put some spices and flavors in your ground beef what is your goto?

I tend to do a southwest flavor. Anyone else?

I need to be inspired for dinner..

Black pepper only for me (and 1% salt - 5g salt to 500g of beef, for example) but I do like to add dijon mustard and minced gherkins, just make sure you squeeze the excess juice out of them

Salt and Pepper for me; however, when I want to really "wow" the crowd, I mix A-1 steak sauce into the patties. It's hard to get people to leave the party when you do that! :-D

for 1 kg of beef or lamb mince (2 pounds):

add one whole egg

1/4 loaf of white bread crumbs (or you can cut 1/4 loaf of bread, remove the crusts, and soak in milk, then squeeze out the milk)

2 tablespoons of dried oregano (crushed in the palm of your hand)

salt and freshly ground black pepper

a large sprig of fresh parsley diced

1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder

4 cloves of crushed garlic

1 medium onion finely diced

mix the whole lot together, and form your patties, then cook on a low heat on the BBQ

it's greek style burgers .... you can also make small balls of the meat mixture, then roll in flour and deep fry in sunflower oil

Every time is at least salt and pepper. But I found some of the mccormicks spices are good. They make a burger one actually. Chipotle powder is good too.

The last few burger feasts we made, we have been using Northwoods Fire from Penzy's and sea salt.
It has been well received but be cautious it does have some Fire.
We also like Slap Ya Mama.

If you are the type that likes to put some spices and flavors in your ground beef what is your goto?

I tend to do a southwest flavor. Anyone else?

I need to be inspired for dinner..

What exactly is southwest flavor? Maybe you will inspire me. :-o
Dave

I'm usually just a S&P guy, but if you want to try something new, try using Old Bay seasoning. It makes a surprisingly good burger.

I put nothing in my burger mix. 2:1:1 Chuck:Ribeye:rump & bit extra fat if needed.

But I season with salt, smoked salt & black pepper jsut before they hit the grill.
The burgers are cooked when the fat raises to the top.

Surprised L&P Worchesterrrrshirer :-D has not been mentioned yet?
Old, old, stand by for burger mix along with some fine diced onion or french onion soup mix.

Curious about the Old Bay idea though??:thumb:

50/50 mix of ground beef and ground pork. Then pour some Chaka's MMM sauce on it. Let sit for a while to get happy, mix up again, make patties and grill.

Matt

I use Fiesta Uncle Chris's Gourmet steak seasoning and Woostershire, break the grind meat up in a bowl season liberly with UCGS and a good dowsing of Wooster mix through & patty up in 1/3 l burgers

i like to add a little cumin in the mix. for me cumin + meat = awesome!

sometimes i like to make a crust of cracked pepper,course sea salt, granulated onion and garlic with a sprinkling of coffee grounds.

other time i brush on a thin coat of home made jack Daniels glaze.

Back