UDS Project

DjPorkchop

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hey folks, hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

I been working on a little UDS project lately. I had a old gasser that the gas rails were burnt up and the flavorizer platers were shot and a few other parts. It was going to cost more to fix it than it was worth. So I stripped the grill off and had left a flimsy cart. I still need to do some scrubbing to get it all cleaned up and add a couple L brackets for support but other then that she is pretty much ready to roll. Oh I need to get a single gas line instead of the Y line or get a plug for the one end. I would prefer just a single gas line.

[ame]https://youtu.be/fKK3k0dvlZM[/ame]

Hey mods, I should have put this in the mother of all UDS threads instead of clogging up the boards with another UDS post. If you wish, can you merge it with the other topic? if not we let her roll I guess.

Why not swap the burner & the shelf from side to side:decision:

I actually had pondered that. However, the handle that is built in to the shelf would then be over the wheels and not the legs. That would leave me trying to grab it by the burner to pick it up and roll it. Not a terrible idea but the grade of steel these cheap arse grill carts are made of, meh ....

Truth be known, a 2 wheel dolly would be much easier to roll it around on. I just had this old gasser and saw the frame and thought I would give an idea a go and see how it worked out. I have no money in it so if the idea fizzles out on me, no harm no foul. Just a few more pounds of scrap for the recycling center pile.

Last edited:
Back