Ordered the new gas grill today

chad

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Delivery is scheduled for Tuesday. Oh yeah, got a new side-by-side fridge, too! Lowe's had a 12 month same as cash deal -- nothing like using their money :D

Bought a Colemand - 4 burners, IR rotisserie, deep fryer/boiler, stainless -- I like it. Almost went with a Jenn-Air but the one I liked was $150 more and I'd had to buy the rotisserie as an option.

Anyway, here'e a pic.

I saw one a couple a weeks ago at Lowes and thought that it was pretty damn awesome. You should be able to do some serious grillin on that thing.

Nice! So what’s on the menu for Wednesday night?

Depends on what time the spouse wants dinner :D I could see a rotisserie chicken and some grilled veggies! :D

The rotisserie is kinda neat -- it only goes half-way across the grill surface. So you've got half to use for other food - the IR is on the right side with the rotisserie.

I'll "need" a new grill wok and perforated grill. Explained to Anne why I wanted the stainless model like Mark uses -- no paint/porceilen to flake :D

I have a Coleman, not near as fancy as this one, but has been a very good investment. I think mine was around 400.00 four years ago. Everything still original and working on it. I got tired of spending money every year on replacing this or that or the whole thing.
My theory of buying better quality has paid off.

mine is similar to this one, which is discontinued and at a very good price:
http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=LG200-EDB&categoryid=31002

That looks pretty nice Dave. I like it.

Had to come back and look at it again. Looks pretty cool. When you get it, take a couple of better pictures please. Those add photos aren't the best.

The pictures aren't the greatest. I'll get some when I use it.

Thinking maybe rotisserie prime rib or beef loin (medium rare!) to try it out!! :D

I saw this one Saturday

The significantly better half and I were in the Lowe's in Fernandina Beach Saturday and I saw the grill. There was no price on it and I just assumed it was out of my league. I since found out the price. I have a couple of old grills (an ECB and Char Broil electric), she told me to try and sell those two and buy one of these. It's not the money its just from a lack of room and a lack of use of those two. So, lord willing, I may be getting one within the month.

Rick

My family went over to Shocks for dinner tonight 4 drunk birds, shrimp, stuffed portabella tops, some turds stuffed with pesto cream cheese and persheto. Corn on the cob. Followed by some cheese cake,

Any way we took a trip to Lows and looked at your new rig we both gave it thumbs up.
However and I know I am being picky but the two sides Vs. one big lid with a bigger rotisserie would be nice.

Also we had a fire going out side and are talking about enlarging are deck even moor this spring that would let me fit a fire pit and this cool grill from Sams on their.

Yep. The spouse and I talked about that and decided we rarely do four birds at a time (al a Bash2) and the ability to rotisserie on one side with the IR while grilling on the other side (can you say beer can chicken :D) was not a bad thing!! :D

I figure that "half" rotisserie will be good for one, possibly two, birds. The other half can be used for grilled veggies, burgers, etc.

My OL just recieved a similar model as a reward for a suggestion at work. The first thing we did on it was rotisserie chicken. Awesome, completely done even down in the thigh joint and still the breast was dripping with juices. You're gonna love it! Happy Grillin'.

You should be able to do some serious grillin on that thing.

Grilling - WTF is that? :p Yeah - I'll be replacing mine this spring also. Not sure what the fark I'll get. Been himming and hawing over the stainless one at Costco. I just want something heavy duty.

Well, Dave? How's the new grill working out?

TK... wander over to www.virtualweberbullet.com and check the kettle forum (I think it is that one) they have some links and reviews of that cooker... supposedly it is nice... and much cheaper than the *drool* weber summit gold D that I want.. :)

josh

Well, I haven't had a chance to do more than burn it in since I put it together the first of the week :(

I had a wedding reception to cater on Friday and another meal today, Sunday, and with usual life around here we just haven't cooked out this week.

However, it went together pretty easily and all the burners work :D I'll be cooking steaks (at least!) for my 23 year old son's birthday later this week. Might be able to slide some salmon or chicken boobs on the new grates one night this week.

Back