Roasted then candied carrots

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I love roasted whole carrots... And I thought I'd try something.

I roasted the carrots in cast iron, then put them in a nonstick skillet with melted butter and topped with brown sugar and a touch of cinnamon. The sugar melted and was very good!

3145875088_8f26ff554e_b.jpg

I seem to be on a root veggie kick this winter. I also roasted the fat from a tenderloin I trimmed for Christmas and some kohlrabi, which is great roasted.

3145083705_2b6949f582_b.jpg

I like to premix into a syrup and then add.

For me, roasted carrots are sweet enough as is. Lately, I've been putting them in a bread pan with a little water under whatever I'm smoking , along with halfed onions, celery, potatoes.

I like roasted carrots like that, too... I was just making a quick candied carrot side. They were nice and caramelish.

Is my eye sight going or did anyone else think the pics were blurry on the edges?

I like roasted carrots like that, too... I was just making a quick candied carrot side. They were nice and caramelish.

Sorry. Not to be picky. I guess my point is that the natural sugars in things like carrots and onions really come out when roasted.

Gary, stop drinking in the afternoon! :)

And, Mark, I don't disagree... I just was trying something, and it was pretty good, like carmelized carrots.

My new dish... Roasted chicken with carrots...

A Cluckwork Orange.

Back