New to ME Lang 36 Deluxe - Cleanup and First Cook

Nice cooker. I've got the hots for a small, patio stick burner as well. Glad you finally found one.

What a great little smoker ! Congrats on the find.
As far as comparing it as a tad lesser quality then a Shirley, we are all in that boat. Easy to see they are the best. But that's not to say that Lang 36 won't make some great BBQ. Enjoy !

To me a stickburner screams Texas BBQ. I used to travel to Austin a lot. Driving thru Coleman Winters San Saba, Santa Anna (sp the priest not the general :) The Hill Country region- on a foggy day with stick burners in front of businesses and at houses burping mesquite Pecan & and oak- the thin blue laying hazily near the ground- outstanding.

I don't have the time patience or skills to run an SB- but I read every article in here about them that I can. Outside of an open pit or a tractor rim- it's true Q.

Congratulations

Last edited:
Definitely not a Shirley. Was hoping to hold out...but couldn't pass this up. Welds are sloppy. After seeing Paul's pictures of his guys laying stacks of dimes...they could teach the Lang guys a thing or two.

But it's still a great smoker and I'm happy to have it!

I too was amazed at the crap welds on a supposed top line cooker! A sure sign that a company is getting too big for its britches....
But as they say on "Forged in Fire" this box will cook...
Ed

I too was amazed at the crap welds on a supposed top line cooker! A sure sign that a company is getting too big for its britches....
But as they say on "Forged in Fire" this box will cook...
Ed

True dat, I'd say Lone Star Grillz is pretty dang impressive in the QC department. Fit and finish does matter to me and LSG puts out something that's like a sleek cars finish. It's also why I've daydreamed about getting one with insulated FB to maintain its looks.

I've been a very happy camper with my RF Shirley but have been thinking about circling back and getting a traditional flow rig. I'd try to keep the Shirley and have a two rig patio. Now the wife is a different matter...

on a foggy day with stick burners in front of businesses and at houses burping mesquite Pecan & and oak- the thin blue laying hazily near the ground- outstanding.

Damn...the more I read this...downright poetic. Your words paint a compelling picture Adams.

Great looking cook. She cleaned-up nice as I knew she would, nothing a little elbow grease and some PAM wouldn't take care of.

Back