Carlisle / Cambro-Local or internet

moocow

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
We would like to get one of these for competition. I would like to get the Carlisle pc300N and would like to get it local if possible. Anybody know of who sells these things local and if not who did you use on the internet? It sure would be nice to have one of these rather than drag the cooler and towels around

I would Google the model and look for best prices.
I got a Cambro a while back by using Google.
I found one for $20.00 dollars more in another state and it included free shipping.
I found one withing 100 miles of my house for $20.00 less money but shipping was like $50.00 go figure.

Shane, if you find a deal that you need to purchase multiple, let me know.

I would also look at the larger 400 model. I have a couple of the 300 models and I could probably get away with using just 1 400 when I need the extra space for a comp....

also, if you are a member at Restaurant Depot, you can buy them there. You don't have shipping costs, which usually are another $100 added tot he price...

I got a used Cambro 400 model on ebay for $130. If you have the time to wait for a good deal, they are out there.

Always check Craigslist, use the search function.

I'd get the larger model like the Cambro 400MPC. I searched craigslist locally for a long time before I scored any, it was like a drought- then I found a 1800MPC (which was way too big for my needs) and a 400MPC with some stainless full size pans for @ $250. Then a couple weeks later I found three of the 400's for $25 each! I ended up flipping the 1800 and two of the 400's for $600.

Keep an eye on CraigLook and Crazed List. When I bought mine I found a BBQ restaurant going out of business. I got a few cool items. He wasnt closing his doors due to poor business; he was retiring.

^^^^^^
Well, that's a Carlisle, not a Cambro, but then, I've been very happy with our Carlisles! And the price is pretty appealing. I don't think they charged us all that much in tax either.

It's a Carlsle and not a Cambro because that was what was mentioned about in the original post. :rolleyes: :becky:

I would also look at the larger 400 model. I have a couple of the 300 models and I could probably get away with using just 1 400 when I need the extra space for a comp....

also, if you are a member at Restaurant Depot, you can buy them there. You don't have shipping costs, which usually are another $100 added tot he price...

I agree with Scottie.... We have two of the 400's and couldn't live without them... Start out a comp with ice in both and they act like a fridge. When the top one is empty (meat is on the cooker) it gets pre-warmed with hot water while the other one is still chilling meat. By the end of a comp, we have both of them hot to hold our left overs while doing turn-ins.

Well worth the money!

Shane,

It was great to meet you and your team at the GAB last weekend. I was there as Harry's assistant on Slap Yo Daddy.
I got a Cambro 300 for $70 on CL after looking for about a year. I was just about ready to pull the trigger on one at RD just as the listing came up.
Good luck to you and see you at the Royal.

Benny

Shane,

It was great to meet you and your team at the GAB last weekend. I was there as Harry's assistant on Slap Yo Daddy.
I got a Cambro 300 for $70 on CL after looking for about a year. I was just about ready to pull the trigger on one at RD just as the listing came up.
Good luck to you and see you at the Royal.

Benny
You to Benny, we are watching CL waiting for one to pop up. I don't have much patience so I will hold out as long as I can.

I agree with Scottie.... We have two of the 400's and couldn't live without them... Start out a comp with ice in both and they act like a fridge. When the top one is empty (meat is on the cooker) it gets pre-warmed with hot water while the other one is still chilling meat. By the end of a comp, we have both of them hot to hold our left overs while doing turn-ins.
Well worth the money!

How exactly do you use it as a cooler? I was thinking of freezing some water in a steam table / hotel pan and sliding that in the top of the cabinet. Does it really keep meet cold like direct contact with ice in a traditional cooler would? (I'm using the Carlisle from Equippers.com)

How exactly do you use it as a cooler? I was thinking of freezing some water in a steam table / hotel pan and sliding that in the top of the cabinet. Does it really keep meet cold like direct contact with ice in a traditional cooler would? (I'm using the Carlisle from Equippers.com)
We load up a full hotel pan with Ice and put it on the top self. I normally bring my brisket and ribs slightly (not hard) frozen, my chicken hard frozen, and my pork completely thawed. Coldest stuff toward the top. Keeps everything below 40* until needed.

When it's time to transition over to a warm cambro, we boil up some water and put it on the bottom level for about 15-30 minutes.

Back