What's good from Omaha Steaks?

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I have a $100 gift card for Omaha Steaks. Any tips on what's good -- or what to avoid?

CD

Send Ashmont a PM - that's where he works now I think. I ordered from them just once. Over 15 years ago...

My MIL always send a big arse box of stuff, I think out of all of it their stuff the little sirloin steaks are really good, throw them on the grill and you got a nice little steak. BTW, throwing Omaha Steak tube steaks on the grill tonight, with a little kraut and yellow mustard and home made mac and cheese and about a dozen cold ones, just saying'

Last edited:
Decent quality, maybe look for a mix of things to be shipped.

Decent quality, maybe look for a mix of things to be shipped.

I have a local store.

I have been reading online reviews of Omaha Steaks, and they are overwhelmingly bad. One constant bit of advice is to NEVER give them ANY contact information, unless you want to be pummeled by marketing calls and emails.

So, I plan to go to the local store, use the gift card, and keep my mouth shut.

Being a gift card, I see it as free meat, so if it is as mediocre as the reviews say it is, it's no big deal. Free food is free food.

CD

I have a local store.

I have been reading online reviews of Omaha Steaks, and they are overwhelmingly bad. One constant bit of advice is to NEVER give them ANY contact information, unless you want to be pummeled by marketing calls and emails.

Being a gift card, I see it as free meat, so if it is as mediocre as the reviews say it is, it's no big deal. Free food is free food.

CD

Worse than I thought, my parents would get a shipment every year and the quality seems like it used to be better. Last time I had Omaha select burgers and they weren't bad. Then again it's not hard to make a good burger.

I have a local store.

CD

We gave a gift once to a friend that helped us with a move. Seemed like we were called weekly. Perhaps you could give them Gore or Bigabyte's personal info instead of yours? :tsk:

Maybe I'm a bad man but I think its pretty poor quality meat, as such I'd probably consider re-gifting it to a non-meat expert friend. Know anyone that likes a well done steak off their gas grill that will feel really special getting meat mailed to them? They'll legitimately enjoy the product. I do not.

Perhaps you could give them Gore or Bigabyte's personal info instead of yours? :tsk:

I was going to give them a fake name and contact info, but I'm now leaning towards bigabyte. Thanks!

CD

Maybe I'm a bad man but I think its pretty poor quality meat, as such I'd probably consider re-gifting it to a non-meat expert friend. Know anyone that likes a well done steak off their gas grill that will feel really special getting meat mailed to them? They'll legitimately enjoy the product. I do not.

Several reviews I read suggested re-gifting. But, like I said, it is free food.

CD

beat me to it i see.

They hooked me once as well. As mentioned earlier, the sirloins are not that bad - nothing great for certain - but they make for nice gameday snacks.

Definitely not worth what they charge, but if someone insists on giving you some, make the best of it and just be aware that the cuts are very small.

I was going to give them a fake name and contact info, but I'm now leaning towards bigabyte. Thanks!

CD

Gore hit the "Thanks" button on this post, but only because I know bigabyte's real name and where he lives, and I don't know Gore's real name, and where he lives is useless without a name. It's nice to have an accomplice when you push a man under a bus.

CD :becky:

I like their meat but it is way over priced. Last Christmas I gave my son a box of their 18 oz rib eyes. They were excellent but really expensive. Costco's prime is just as good and cheaper.

My thought is the meat is free and you can make chili, if nothing else.

Back