Rancher Charcoal Sale?

beerguy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Anybody spot an ad for Rancher Charcoal at Home Depot for 2.99 yet? I havent seen any but I remember that it was rumored the sale may repeat for 4th of July.

I have been watching also. Want to stock up. Hope someone knows when.

Bought a bag for 4.99 just to try. If it's going to go on sale for the 4th I would look for it to happen today or tomorrow.

I wanted to pick some up but my HD didn't have any. Don't know if they were out or didn't carry it. Trying to find someone to help you there is like sqeezing blood from a turnip.

Saw it for 4.99 yesterday, still have some in the garage from the first batch at 2.99.
Hope they repeat the sale.

I was at the Home Depot in Bothell, WA yesterday...4.99 there as well. :icon_shy

talked to the store manager, he said they usually have a flyer just for the 4th weekend, that specializes in "grilling", should come out in either the sat or sun. paper? at least you guys got, the Hawaii shipment didn't come in until after Memorial day, and they didn't have to honor the 2.99 price!:mad:

I wish my HD's would stock it. When I asked someone there, they both didn't know what I was tallking about.

I did not like my experience with Rancher Charcoal. Burns okay, but you get alot of white ash which coats everything badley. Also 75% of the briquettes crumble after only one burn in my Weber Kettle.

I usually work with Kingsford and can get 75% of the briquettes to make a second burn. I much prefer Kingsford, is a greatly superior product.

I noticed the ash too. I'll only be using at home mixed in with lump on long cooks where I don't have to open the doors which stur up the ash.

I did not like my experience with Rancher Charcoal. Burns okay, but you get alot of white ash which coats everything badley. Also 75% of the briquettes crumble after only one burn in my Weber Kettle.

I usually work with Kingsford and can get 75% of the briquettes to make a second burn. I much prefer Kingsford, is a greatly superior product.

Hum.... Thus far I've had pretty good results with Rancher. I've found it to burn a bit hotter than Kingsford and maybe not as long, but with a lot less ash. I have not experienced any floating ash getting on the food. It also doesn't have the ammonia smell when lighting like Kingsford.

When Kingsford changed to the new faster lighting stuff, I found a great deal on Royal Oak Charcoal and have been using that, also with great results. Although there is quite a bit of ash build up with the RO.

I've got a lot of Rancher left to burn, I hope I my experience with the first 7 bags ain't a fluke!

James

I have been thru about 6 bags of Rancher not counting what we used at the Bash and at BBS' house. I haven't experienced the flying ash either. Is that in your Bandera or just the kettle?

I've checked around the Tulsa area, and most of the Home Depots are out of Rancher. They tell me that it was a one-time shipment arranged by the buyer at the head office.

Today I talked to a Mr Krause at the Original Charcoal Company, and he verified that the Home Depot thing was a one-time shot. Evidently Kingsford makes lots of concessions for HD.

Anyone up for a barrage of e-mail to HD asking them to carry Original Rancher?

I bought 30+ bags of it when it was on sale and love it. I'll be jones'in for more when this runs out...

I too bought over 30 bags of it when it was on sale for $2.99. My local HD still has it in stock for $4.99. Looks like they have a lot more than they did...

I hope they continue to stock it!

James.

I've checked around the Tulsa area, and most of the Home Depots are out of Rancher. They tell me that it was a one-time shipment arranged by the buyer at the head office.

Today I talked to a Mr Krause at the Original Charcoal Company, and he verified that the Home Depot thing was a one-time shot. Evidently Kingsford makes lots of concessions for HD.

Anyone up for a barrage of e-mail to HD asking them to carry Original Rancher?

I have been experiencing the same thing in the Kansas City area HD's. I'm always up for a good email campaign. Here is my email response from Mr. Krause received Mon. 7-16-07 about the availability of Rancher and suggestions for getting at your HD.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chad,
Our product is, or at least was in 100% of the HD's across the country.

Home Depot is currently carrying our RANCHER briquette. Please see the
below e-note.
Our Home Depot SKU # is 990-347. If your local store is out, it is
possible that others in the area may still have stock. Also, I would bet
that if you expressed enough interest, the store manager could locate some
and have it brought to your store. I have requested this of HD managers in
the past, and have almost always been satisfied. Additionally, you will be
helping them clear space for a new product to go into our RANCHER space.
Also, give a shout to HD at www.homedepot.com. "Contacts" is at the
bottom. I am sure that they would love to hear from you.

Again, thank you for your interest and support!
Eric

Subject: News from The Original Charcoal Company
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Original Charcoal Company Announces

RANCHER BRIQUETTE in HOME DEPOT
Nationwide- 5.28.7
- The Original Charcoal Company launches its 100% All
Natural Hardwood Charcoal Briquette through Home Depot stores across the
country. Home Depot is SO confident in our product that they have agreed to
launch fantastic RANCHER brand briquette at a subsidized price. Our 20lb
bag is retailing for only $2.99-$4.99.

-RANCHER hardwood charcoal briquette doesn't have any of
the toxic chemicals that coal dust briquets have. Because of this our
product infuses the food with true wood-fired flavor, burns up to 70%
longer, has 1/5 the ash content AND that ash is actually good for the
environment. Truly, it is rich in calcium carbonate and potassium.

-UNBEATABLE PRICE, FANTASTIC WOOD-FIRED FLAVOR, GOOD FOR
THE ENVIRONMENT

ACTION ITEMS:
1-Buy a few bags. It is great as a hostess gift.
2-Send this email to EVERYONE that you know.
3a-Go to our website www.originalcharcoal.com
3b-Tell us how we did. WE really need to know

We rely on you to make this grassroots effort succeed.

Thank you for your time and thoughtful consideration.

Happy Grilling,
Eric Krause
Friend and President

The Original Charcoal Company
www.originalcharcoal.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Note the suggestion of emailing HD to get them on stocking the product. I say we get busy. My email has been sent. :-o

Im up for the email campaign. Who should we email, Rancher or HD?

I dont care if its sold at HD or Lowes or Wally, just give me more 20 lb bags at $2.99.

yeah man. That would beat the chit out of the kingsford deal that HD conveniently didn't run on memorial or independence day.

The only problem is getting them to sell it again at 2.99. How we going to influence that?

The only problem is getting them to sell it again at 2.99. How we going to influence that?

Make them an offer they can't refuse...Tell them you would take 3 bags if they put them out at $4.99 but you have friend who would buy 10 or 20 bags if they have a sale at $2.99.

Back