Chicken Thighs!

5am

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Tried some new flavors out for a "competition" style thigh tonight. Figured I would throw up a few pictures, trying out the new phones camera. Was very happy with the tenderness and moisture of the meat. Cooked on a CS680 pellet grill. Thanks for looking!:becky:

imag0017bm.jpg
imag0018hj.jpg

Looks really dang good! I'd easily give those a 7 or an 8 for appearance, but I bet you would make them look even better for a comp. Looks really tender and moist in the photo.

Looks really dang good! I'd easily give those a 7 or an 8 for appearance, but I bet you would make them look even better for a comp. Looks really tender and moist in the photo.
Thank you. Yea, I did get sloppy.:redface:

Seems like ya have extra there, so pass one along please. :-D

Thanks for the feedback.

point being, at a comp, there's no room for getting sloppy, better train yourself now through practice to not allow yourself the slack and for the endurance and patience needed. :thumb:

point being, at a comp, there's no room for getting sloppy, better train yourself now through practice to not allow yourself the slack and for the endurance and patience needed. :thumb:
Agree! Hopefully you didn't take the thanks as sarcastic. I like feedback, its all good.

Agree! Hopefully you didn't take the thanks as sarcastic. I like feedback, its all good.

wasn't sure. :icon_blush:

either way, you deserved an explanation of my thoughts.

with that out of the way....did you brine/marinade the meat? it does look quite juicy.

wasn't sure. :icon_blush:

either way, you deserved an explanation of my thoughts.

with that out of the way....did you brine/marinade the meat? it does look quite juicy.

Nope, I didnt do either. I've marinated before, never brined. I really enjoy the flavor of the SOW chicken marinade though. I took a class awhile back and my chicken has taken a turn for the better IMO.

They look great! Very moist looking. Delicious! :-D

Back