"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Old lady wants some smoked chicken thighs, so since I will have the WSM fired up I might as well throw on some baby backs!

Well my wife announced that the holiday had killed her and she is going on a diet for at least the next month and therefore I am on own for dinners....so this weekend, I have a 14 pound brisket, 9 pound butt and two racks of ribs going it....to be vacume sealed and freeze---

Is that in one sitting or two? ;-P

Bout an 8# single boneless butt today. May slice it into country style ribs or just cook the entire thing for pulled pork.

Made Weber's recipe of the week, "Hoisin chicken skewers with broccoli and mushrooms". Pretty darn tasty

I have my annual bloodletting for my farking doctor next Friday, so it's all rabbit food and lean meats until Thursday. I had a salad tonight, with Newman's Own Lite Italian dressing, which was quite good, especially considering the nutritional values, and just a little Parmigiano-Reggiano and plenty of fresh ground black pepper.

But, I did some research, and the nice pork loin chops I have in the freezer are as healthy as chicken breast, and Stubs pork marinade (which I love) is pretty healthy, too.

Soooooo, I have my dinner planned for tomorrow. I think I'll wok some shrimps, scallops and veggies on Sunday.

I also plan to cold smoke some more cheese, since it will need to rest for at least a week after smoking, anyway.

CD

to cold and rain is predicted. but i will try to do some pork steaks on the weber q if possible. a real pain to be a paraplegic, my darn legs can get just as cold as the outside if i'm not carefull. not a good thing.

Back