Question on Pellets

roastntoast

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am curious on what kinda of pellets all the pellet heads are using . Type and flavour. Finding pellets in canada is not easy and not cheep either. Selection is slim at best.

Thnaks

Jules

We use a mixture of Traeger apple and cherry. Give a light sweet smoke flavor...

I'm on the same quest and was told to use BBQdelight from almost everyone I spoke to.

CS and Traeger is cheaper, but not as good.

sources are the BBQDelight website and KCK.com.

Again, im looking for them too, so do not have first hand experience. I have been using the trager pellets that came with it and they seem ok. but have noting to compare too.

I have used the traeger and CS pellets. I like the Traeger better. less dust at the end of a cook. The only way I can get BBQ Delight in Ontario is in little 1 lbs bag @ $7. each. Not great on price , a 20 lbs bag of traeger is $22.50 so not much better either.

Jules

I am thinking of getting a used Traeger only used 8 times, Comes with 5 bags of pellets and a cover. She said she paid over a thousand for it new less than a year ago. Would $400 be a good price?

Dan

I'm on the same quest and was told to use BBQdelight from almost everyone I spoke to.

CS and Traeger is cheaper, but not as good.

sources are the BBQDelight website and KCK.com.

Again, im looking for them too, so do not have first hand experience. I have been using the trager pellets that came with it and they seem ok. but have noting to compare too.

Phil, talk with Candy at BBQr's Delight. I know that she can give you a different price than the per bag price if you are doing a larger order... ie over 400 #'s... If you want, PM me and I can get you her email.

but I feel she has the best pellets out there. they sure work for me!!!

Scottie

I am curious on what kinda of pellets all the pellet heads are using . Type and flavour. Finding pellets in canada is not easy and not cheep either. Selection is slim at best.

Thnaks

Jules

Bear Mountain.

cookinpellets.com., very good product, 100% source wood, ie if its cherry its 100% cherry. Just to farken expensive to get from Wisconsin to CA.

I am thinking of getting a used Traeger only used 8 times, Comes with 5 bags of pellets and a cover. She said she paid over a thousand for it new less than a year ago. Would $400 be a good price?

Dan

Uhhhh...yeah!

The cover and pellets are worth $125.

I'm on the same quest and was told to use BBQdelight from almost everyone I spoke to. CS and Traeger is cheaper, but not as good. sources are the BBQDelight website and KCK.com.

Phil - this explains part of the reason you arent getting a smoke ring on that pork you cooked. I didnt realize you were using Traeger pellets. I never got a smoke ring out of them either. Once you are on the BBQr delight - you will be happy.

I have used the traeger and CS pellets. I like the Traeger better. less dust at the end of a cook. The only way I can get BBQ Delight in Ontario is in little 1 lbs bag @ $7. each. Not great on price , a 20 lbs bag of traeger is $22.50 so not much better either.

Jules
Call Bob, and see what he will ship to you for... he has a brethren discounted price.

I was going to mention that Danson's/CS sell the "backwoods" brand pellets... I burn those in my outdoor pellet chimney!!

Uhhhh...yeah!

Ditto on the cooker - sounds like a steal to me!

Bear Mountain.

cookinpellets.com., very good product, 100% source wood, ie if its cherry its 100% cherry. Just to farken expensive to get from Wisconsin to CA.

Uhhhh...yeah!

Gonna pick it up tonight then. Are they hard to learn to cook on?

we use traeger pellets 16 bucks a 20 lb bag and use cherry apple alder and onion garlic all them wood well and taste good

I love Fast Eddy's pellets, but probally hard to get ahold of if you don't live in k.c.

I love the bbq delight also, I use it alot, I had a emergency once and end up using traeger pellets that the FEC's are shipped with, but that was at the almost of the end of a cook, so i wasn't to sad.

I think cookinpellets.com hickory is the freaking bomb, to bad it cost more to ship then to buy,,,,

EDIT: can't even buy cookinpellets right now, just their mix,,

Stickburners rule:tongue::tongue::tongue:

Real men use 100% un processed/non compressed wood :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Off to my room :biggrin::biggrin:

NO ARGUMENT HERE!!

And I'm allowed to say that cause now I have them all! Stick, charcoal, and pellet.

Felt like I had to fire up the klose just to say penance after the first cook.

:)

NO ARGUMENT HERE!!

And I'm allowed to say that cause now I have them all! Stick, charcoal, and pellet.

Let me know when you get tired of that pellet pooper. I will make the time to come pick that one up!

You'll feel even dirtier when you have to walk up to stage to collect your rewards. Oh and when you go to the bank to deposit your checks... I feel real dirty then...:twisted:

Stickburners rule:tongue::tongue::tongue:

Real men use 100% un processed/non compressed wood :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Off to my room :biggrin::biggrin:

so which "wood cartridges available in 9 flavors" do you use:shock::twisted:

sorry I saw you use a pistol,,,,,just messin around

Dan
if you can tell the mod # i can tell you what the traiger cost it

i have a new pellet maker i am trying soon i will let you now how thay are. thay will be very cost friendy...also so you know bbqers delit is the only pellet that is 100% of the wood it says it is on the bag the rest of the pellets are like 20 % hickory and the reast is adler... and if you try the 3.50 a 20lbs bake stove pellets you will regret it big time trust me

Back