Brothers (and Sistas)...I got it bad!

BBQ Bandit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Planning a "Mother" of a smoking plan this weekend for my two mothers... Mine and the Mother of my daughters tomorrow.

Today:
a) working on a fire-management scheme (with hickory and whole onion). Not wanting to waste the fire... I'll throw in the fattie 3-2-1. Might repeat fattie on Sunday.

Tomorrow:
b) (20) ABT... sliced length-wise wrapped with bacon (thanks Rick)
c) (2) Spatchcock chickens for my Mom with a sweet rub
d) (1) whole porkloin - 1/2 sweet rub other half kicked up rub
e) Fire-baked potatoes
f) slaw and mac salad

I admit it... I'm a BBQ Junkie. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

For the peppers... never done them before. I got the gloves and face protection (faceshield)... will a spoon be a good inner scraper for the peppers?

Last edited:
the spoons will be fine for the peppers

what else you going to pu in them

sound like a good time

I use a spoon to scrape out the pepper boats. I should wear safty glasses. 3 occassions I had pepper juice, seed or pulp shoot into my eye.

the spoons will be fine for the peppers

what else you going to pu in them

sound like a good time

My Bad... pepperjack and colby... with a special sprinkling of the spices over the bacon (spice fairy mod)

I've been known to be a "mother" from time to time..........can I come over?

Looks good to me!!

I use a straight bladed potato peeler to de gut the peppers.
Looks like one fine spread in the makings.
Good luck Bandit. :biggrin:

Sounds like some good grub will be cooking at your house. Can't wait for the pictures.

Sounds like a good plan.:-D That meal should put a smile on everyones face.:wink:

A small victory....

After several months of frustrations (since February)... think the BSKD firepit gremlin is finally squashed. Currently approaching a 4 hour burn... a personal best on the fuel hungry beast. Possible 1 more hour on the first set of coals.

Solution: Added a few turns in the path during the burn. Took me a while... being hard-headed. Remember those cheap stamped steel tray of clamshell type boxes for those deep-well sockets (made in Taiwan)? Well, I added two... standing on edge so the charcoal has an "S" pattern within the charcoal box. Forgot who (within the Brethren a while back) clued me in... thank you! Kinda reminded me of the custom spicewine trays.

It means alot to me... that a forum who will tolerate a knucklehead like myself is nothing less than priceless. Thank you for a personal best.

Yum... after 3-2-1 ... The Fattie loaf (or flatloaf) - (2) 1 lb. packs. Lined the bottom of buttered pan with a small holllowed out section. Dropped in the fixins (pepperjack) and formed the upper cover with the second.
PICT0137.jpg

Last edited:
For the peppers, if you are doing boats a grapefruit spoon (with the serrated tip) works great. If you want to keep them whole and stuff them that way an apple corer works very well.

Back