BBQ Brethren "Man Sized Meat" Throwdown!

My first throwdown. I'm going to give this a shot and keep it short and sweet. I made 8 of these bad boys, but photographed one just to fit the throw down. Cooked for a few friends, so this was not only a throwdown but a production as well. Unfortunately I do not know the exact weight of the chops, but by the total weight, they were averaging about .90 pounds each.

Went with super thick cut pork chops. I injected them with a garlic herb marinade, left to refrigerate for 45 minutes.
raw.jpg

2011-10-23183028.jpg

After 45 minutes, I made up some cornbread stuffing, that each chop was sliced open and stuffed with. Also dusted them with a bit of fresh ground pepper.
2011-10-23192206.jpg

2011-10-23192215.jpg

I put these on my buddies webber performer, at 350* for 25 mins per side with a rotation of 90 degrees at 15 mintues in an attempt to achieve a perfect grill pattern in the meat.
2011-10-23192430.jpg

2011-10-23224959.jpg

And the final (delicious) product:
2011-10-23204531.jpg

2011-10-23204620.jpg

Hope you all enjoy!

I think all of the above. It looks very suspicious to me and I'd swear a squirrel was involved somewhere. As for that garnish, notice that there are no grill marks or aluminum foil to protect it from who knows what forces. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't materialize on the photographic negative (do they still make those anymore?). I'm sure alien forces were involved somewhere. The whole thing reeks of conspiracy. :shock:
Squirrels would never show up around here, right?? :shock:

Squirrels would never show up around here, right?? :shock:

Chris does his best to keep them off this subforum, but sometimes he's overwhelmed. I'm still trying to figure out what this is exactly:

2011-10-23224959.jpg

He apparently likes pork chops as there is a bite missing. Definitely has the appropriate headgear. :thumb:

IMG_3765.jpg

Farkin fantastic Gore... I love how you use the steak to set off the green shubbery and beer in the background! :clap2:

I think all of the above. It looks very suspicious to me and I'd swear a squirrel was involved somewhere. As for that garnish, notice that there are no grill marks or aluminum foil to protect it from who knows what forces. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't materialize on the photographic negative (do they still make those anymore?). I'm sure alien forces were involved somewhere. The whole thing reeks of conspiracy. :shock:

All theories at this point are irrelevant. There is green stuff on that potato. Ergo, that tater is officially garnish.

Well I had pictures from two cooks but due to complications in Sunday I didn't get to put either one up. I did want to show you the two man sized rib eyes that I cooked though.

I'm a bit of a minimalist when it comes to steaks so these got salt and pepper then in the fridge for what was supposed to 24 hours and turned into 48.

Then I smoked them at about 220 over mesquite until about 115. (Second picture shows them after the smoke) After the egg heated up I put them back on for a reverse sear.

The flavor in these steaks was awesome. I will be doing the slow smoke/reverse sear whenever time allows.

Attachments

• Raw.jpg
    Raw.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Smoked.gif
    Smoked.gif
    217.4 KB · Views: 56
  • On grill.jpg
    On grill.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Rib Eye.jpg
    Rib Eye.jpg