Kijiji mini score

ComputerMike

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I found two of these:

ribracks01.jpg

ribracks02.jpg

on www.kijiji.com. $5.oo for two. Not exactly a BGE but I needed a couple and you can't beat the price.

Those look HUGE...how many slabs can you get on those?

Nice score!

I like Norcoslist personally. :cool:

I have the same ones and I am not a huge fan. They are designed to hold 3 slabs and the 3 probes on each side are designed to hold potatoes for roasted/baked potatoes.

If these are the exact same ones I have (and they look it) then they are not very long/wide and if you try to use them for complete racks of ribs they fall out each side. If you do a half a rack they work fine and fit almost exact.

I have the same ones and I am not a huge fan. They are designed to hold 3 slabs and the 3 probes on each side are designed to hold potatoes for roasted/baked potatoes.

I was wondering about the three probes. They weren't exactly what I was looking for but they were cheap. The length is less of an issue as my current bullet smoker is small but once I get my UDS build I may need bigger racks.

If these are the exact same ones I have (and they look it) then they are not very long/wide and if you try to use them for complete racks of ribs they fall out each side. If you do a half a rack they work fine and fit almost exact.

It's hard to tell without them "in-hand".....but can they be turned over to hold 5 racks of ribs?

I have 2 of those and put them side-by-side to do 3 full slabs on the UDS.

It's hard to tell without them "in-hand".....but can they be turned over to hold 5 racks of ribs?

Unfortunately you cannot because of the way they are welded together. One thing I did with mine was bend the middle sections straight up. In this way I could put smaller back ribs between the main sections that are intended for ribs. Dosen't work for spares or real meaty back ribs though.

Back