Spicy HOT rub?

Why not just take your regular rub and triple the cayenne pepper in it? I also find that increasing the sugar on it tricks the palate a bit. So it doesn't seem as spicy on the first bite but then .... :twisted:

+1 for what they said. You could even try adding some Ghost Chili powder. I added the slightest amount when I did some hot wings. My buddy who likes things HOT, said they were almost too much for him.

Matt

I agree with these guys. A word of caution though, if you have never played with these chilies be mindful of what you are doing. 1/2 tsp of Ghost Chili powder could be more than you'd ever want to use in a gallon of chili.

Just go buy a bottle of salt lick original or my favorite slap yo momma Hott! And get with it.

My brother likes really hot food. So I kept adding cayenne pepper to my favorite rub to his liking. He loves this rub.

1/4 cup salt (I use sea salt from costco)
1/4 cup chili powder
1/4 cup cumin
1/4 cup black pepper (I like the malabar fine ground pepper from costco)
6 Tbs cayenne pepper
1/2 cup paprika

I named this rub" Daves Crazy" Like I said he loves it. Uses it on chicken and ribs also for taco meat seasoning. I can't eat it too hot for me!!!!

Red Savina has a site of Red Savina habenaro pepper powder. Nasty stuff (hot) that hangs around the tongue for quite a while with a slight fruity flavor. Ghost pepper is like a punch to the gut, then passes. Go to RedSavina.com. You'll be glad you did.

Back