Deep Roots Festival - MBN competition this weekend

Lake Dogs

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Hance
Anyone judging, competing, attending?

I've judged for many years, then last year crossed-the-line and competed. This year funds are limited so I'm back across that line judging once again...

Chicken is tonight; ancillary. Actually, one of the toughest ancillaries I've ever seen, because it's chicken, not barbecue chicken... Anything goes. I got 4th place last year in it with a Bob Marley Soup. I got first place in Seafood last year with that same soup doctor'd up a little with Shrimp...

With any luck I'll draw chicken and then brunswick stew tonight. That, and perhaps Margaritas (which never sucks). They'll have sauce tonight which I dont ever care to judge, and they'll have deserts, which is another HIGHLY contested field and always fun, but I usually trade this off with one of the lady judges if I get this draw, because I just dont have the sweet tooth that some have. And they'll have seafood again... Give me Margaritas and stew and I'm a happy camper!!!

Hey Hance, wish I was judging this weekend, but will be working with our church on a barbecue chicken and chopped pork barbecue fund-raiser. I've not got any more MBN contests scheduled for the rest of this year, but will be judging two KCBS (the "Carolina Smoke-Off" in Gastonia, NC and the "National BBQ Cup" in Cumming, GA) and one "non-sanctioned" (the "National Barbecue Festival" in Waycross, GA) yet this year.

Have fun and ENJOY!!!

Back