Discussion Thread ->***SPECIAL*** "Noob Showcase! " Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC Only) Lasts All Month! Enter Mulitple Times!

I am pretty sure I have only entered two or three TD's and never even got close! Anyways, figure I would give it another shot. It is really awesome of yall to put these things together. They are a lot of fun to follow even though I could never compete on that level. Here is a link to the cook. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212396

Please accept this pic as my official entry.

Brother those look awsome. Lots of great entries but i think you just got my vote there.

Too all who think they will never stand a chance against the big dogs just keep at it. Ive been doing TDs for about a year now. I only managed a handful of votes in my first several enties. With time you will figure out what the voting public is looking for. Pics are only part of the story. Do the theme justice and put effort into the prep and you will be rewarded.

The best part is that it encourages me to be more creative with meals. I try and gear a meal every week or two to a throwdown theme.

Please consider this thread as an entry, I had a sausage mcmuffin at Mickey ds the other day and it was horrible ! So cooking a turkey for the neighbor on my Shirley and well here's my version, naked fatty caked with Tony's chachers and a little butchers BBQ rub smoked at 260 ish

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 143
Brother those look awsome. Lots of great entries but i think you just got my vote there.

Too all who think they will never stand a chance against the big dogs just keep at it. Ive been doing TDs for about a year now. I only managed a handful of votes in my first several enties. With time you will figure out what the voting public is looking for. Pics are only part of the story. Do the theme justice and put effort into the prep and you will be rewarded.

The best part is that it encourages me to be more creative with meals. I try and gear a meal every week or two to a throwdown theme.

Amen.

Please consider this thread as an entry, I had a sausage mcmuffin at Mickey ds the other day and it was horrible ! So cooking a turkey for the neighbor on my Shirley and well here's my version, naked fatty caked with Tony's chachers and a little butchers BBQ rub smoked at 260 ish

Lol, I'm still trying to figure out how to get all the pics on the same thread.made some southern hollandaise sauce called MATER gravy. Basically fried 4 slices of wright bacon and removed, diced an onion and into the bacon fat she went. Cooked about 5 mins on med lowish. Diced a fresh mater and added to the grease for another 10 mins. Then added a can of rotel and cooked till most of the liquid was gone. Added a 1/4 cup of white wine ,dash of w sauce, minced garlic,and some fresh diced basil leaves. 10 mins later started adding flour till it made a nice gravy. Added some salt and lots of bp and set on low to keep warm.then scambled some eggs with cheese and all went on a toasted English muffin. The 2 stars were the fatty and the mater gravy. Please enter this pic as my official entry

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 466

How do I get multiple pics in the same threa? Sorry for screwing this up! Lol. I swear this is my first time I think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 143
^^^^^^^The best way (for me) is photobucket. Upload pic then share, chose copy to clipboard, using the img option. Just copy/paste it.

Please accept this as my second entry. I tried to break down what is in the final dish, so people have an idea of the flavors and texture. If it's too much info, I can edit.

Inspired by the "what turned you onto real BBQ" thread. Asian/American tri-tip crostini with a Vietnamese sweet vinegar slaw.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212495

Baked the bread + toasted over fire with butter

The Healthy stuff

EVOO, balsalmic and lemon juice marinade

Garlic

Assembly

IMG_4936_zps4nnyyuiv.jpg

IMG_4945_zpsv5q7dgt5.jpg

IMG_4963_zpsi3osqnvp.jpg

Roasted garlic added to the Vietnamese slaw to keep with the theme of every component touching fire (cabbage, thinly sliced onions, cilantro in a water, vinegar, sugar, salt marinade with thai peppers)

IMG_5016_zpsujkoxtcv.jpg

IMG_5166_zpspuozo5mv.jpg

Please use the image below as my official entry

IMG_5052_zpsmhkvodqn.jpg

I can foresee me borrowing my wife's Nikon for pics very soon. My iPad camera going against these fancy cameras is like racing dale Earnhardt jr in his current car and I'm driving my John Deere lawnmower ! Haha

I can foresee me borrowing my wife's Nikon for pics very soon. My iPad camera going against these fancy cameras is like racing dale Earnhardt jr in his current car and I'm driving my John Deere lawnmower ! Haha

I use my iphone, but can definitely see when people use their pro stuff too. If it aint point and shoot, I'd probably mess it up :laugh:

Darn I think I may be getting my rear ended handed to me with all these great entries. I got something special in the fridge for Sunday that might turn the tide. :) Time to bring out the big guns!

Chicken on the Egg

This is my 2nd entry in the Noob TD. Friday night I made a brine
2 quarts water
3T Kosher salt
2T packed light brown sugar
1t Old Bay Seasoning
A few squirts honey
Put this in fridge to get cold Today I put 8 Natures Promice Chicken Thighs. Here they are getting happy

In brine for 2 hrs and then rinsed and patted dry and pit in a bag to rest for a few hrs

After a few hrs I put Smoke'n Dudes Chicken Rub on both sides

After about 45 min the Egg was ready. I put the thighs on the grill grates. Temp about 450

The thighs were done on 35 min

We like our skin crispy
Plated with cole slaw and wild rice

Good to the bone and my wife's too

My wife said "this is really yummy some of your best chicken. I will have to say it was really good. Please use this as my entry pic

Thanks for looking

Back