Yeah, they are like an old married couple in this thread :becky:
We did make it interesting! It's all good now though Bob did some fact finding.... & not that there won't still be some friendly back in forth in the future. :caked:

I won't say who pretty much nailed it though! :becky:

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

[/attach]

I think I screwed the pooch posting pictures, my ribs were perhaps a tad over done, but I was ready to try again Sunday...but it was a rain out:sad:

Hope this posts when I hit submit...lol

Attachments

• 20150606_115449.jpg
    20150606_115449.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 270
  • 20150530_185214.jpg
    20150530_185214.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 271
  • 20150606_153208.jpg
    20150606_153208.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 271
  • 20150607_171759.jpg
    20150607_171759.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 271
Bodog: looking good to me. Really like the pic of the your pooch watching guard over
your smokers!

Wish I could have gotten a pic of the two Golden Retrievers CLOSELY monitoring food prep for any droppage.

Attention all PBC crew and PBC brothers. Lately I've been doing more meat hanging ala PBC style and I have more respect for the PBC craft.

I did a cook tonight that I thought i'd share with ya'll. PBC style does fantastic just different characteristics than other styles. Attached is the thread of a roti/ hanging cook I did. Nice that the hanging only took 1 chimney.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211969

Happy hanging!!! :-D

I am a big PBC fan. My BBQ Team partner calls it voodoo science when I can cook a full packer in 6-8 hours hanging. I did a corned beef on it, and my father (80 year old Jewish man) said it was the best corned beef he ever ate.

Another good lookin piece of meat! Just don't make those comments outside this thread or you will be told, by many people who don't have a PBC and have never seen one cook or cooked on one themselves, just how wrong you are. :becky:
It's OK though, we'll just keep it our PBC secret. :thumb:

Another good lookin piece of meat! Just don't make those comments outside this thread or you will be told, by many people who don't have a PBC and have never seen one cook or cooked on one themselves, just how wrong you are. :becky:
It's OK though, we'll just keep it our PBC secret. :thumb:

They would say he's wrong about what??

Shhh.... first rule about the conspiracy is to not talk about conspiracy. :spy:

I don't have any idea what you are talking about. :loco:

Ok you jokers! :laugh:

I'll assume you mean hanging a brisket without foil or the cooking time.

Wait until people see me cooking a brisket with a brand new method i got.... they'll say it's :crazy:

Uncle Drew. You mentioned the paint bubbling on the inside of the PBC. I don't think that is paint. I believe what you are seeing is the seasoning cracking and bubbling off. The PBC isn't painted on the inside. I noticed the same thing on mine today down lower. When i saw it I immediately thought about your post. Today was the first cook on my new one and i inspected it well before the cook. The cracking (in mine at least) was definitely the seasoning. Seasoning makes a shiny black coating on a cooker and it'll Crack off at times. Same thing happens in my weber. As far as the rust, if it's light and you haven't used the cooker in a couple weeks that's not terribly unusual. I'd just wipe off what you can and rub some vegetable oil over the area just before your next cook.

I don't think so, I had my rotisserie re painted in march and exactly the same thing happened on a small part of the fire box. It rusted immediately after it happened. There is now rust inside my drum. I will figure out how to post pictures Thursday.

I don't think so, I had my rotisserie re painted in march and exactly the same thing happened on a small part of the fire box. It rusted immediately after it happened. There is now rust inside my drum. I will figure out how to post pictures Thursday.

Yeah I'd like to see pictures because to my knowledge the PBC isn't painted on the inside. I'll go take a picture if the seasoning pealing in mine and see what you think. By the way I'm not debating with you just something doesn't sound right. Either way I'm sure the PBC company will take care of you if the paint is cracking.

Back