BBQ Brethren "Let's Do the Tubesteak Boogie!" (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Accept this as my official entry into the sausage fest ... I mean Tubesteak TD

The inspiration of this post came from our honeymoon in Jamaica. The Bistro had a BBQ Hotdog, so this is my attempt to recreate it.

Here's theres ...
P1020137.JPG

I took some unseasoned shoe string fries and covered them with Stubbs Chili Lime Spice Rub and Big Poppa Smoker's Bacon and Jalapeno Rub. The wife had some sweet potato fries.

Last year we bought a "meat pack" from Meat Hub, and while I was searching for the fries I stumbled upon these Brats. I'd forgotten those were in the freezer (which is why I keep telling her we need to make an inventory list), so I pulled them out and thawed them out. Dawn stayed with her turkey dogs.

I shredded fresh pepper jack cheese and added a little mozzarella to the mix.

We've started buying pigs when we go places (only if they're worth it), so this is the newest member to the family ... my wife named him ... BOB

Once the Bratwursts were cooked, it was time for assembly. The wiener went on the toasted bun, then some pulled pork in sweet BBQ sauce, and then the pepper jack and mozzarella cheese on top.

And the money shot ...

Last edited:
Homemade Sausage Stuffed Bread

My entry into the Tubesteak Boogie.
I'm wasn't going to submit this because I didn't like the space left after it cooked. However caseydog commented in the cook thread that this should be expected. You can check out the details in Q-Talk.

DSC01558.jpg

Please use this as the entry photo.
DSC01579.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Nice looking roll there Brady. I made some Italian Sausage the other day and it cracked in the middle when I smoked it. It didn't break the casing, it just split in half inside.????? Any ideas why? Not enough filling? Baffling me!

Nice looking roll there Brady. I made some Italian Sausage the other day and it cracked in the middle when I smoked it. It didn't break the casing, it just split in half inside.????? Any ideas why? Not enough filling? Baffling me!

Hey HT that is a strange. I'm guessing you didn't see anything in your Charcuterie book. I can't say that I have seen that but there are a couple of things to consider. First would be the fat content of the meat. The fat acts like a binder not enough fat can lead to a crumbly texture. You can usually work around that by using a binder like non fat dry milk, soy protein, or rusk. The other thing is to be sure the meat is very cold when you process it to avoid fat smear. I hope you can figure it out.

My Official Entry:bow:

I decided to go simple on this one.
Just your everyday All American Summer Dogs!

IMG_6707_zps91316f0b.jpg

Put on the weber with some KB.

IMG_6713_zpsf07fa1f8.jpg

Had lots of simple fix-ins to go with them.
Mustard, Maynaise, Katchup, Sweet Onions, Bell Peppers and Jalapeños.

Chips And Green Onion Dip, Corn On The Cob and Watermelon for sides!

IMG_6736_zpsc412f60d.jpg

Whats cooking dogs without a crowed to eat them?
Well, quiet, too quiet. So I brought my KID CRUTCH in to help me eat them:loco:

Please use this photo as my money shot and THANK YOU to all who took the time to look at my entry:becky:

IMG_6723_zps5bc0b763.jpg

sorry i'm so late to the party, but i'm ready to boogie!

please accept this shot as my official entry.

hotdogs012_zps539c57a8.jpg

the cook thread can be found here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164073

thanks for looking and everybodys participation!

or is this shot better? why do i always do this????? rolleyes mod.

hotdogs019_zpsc446e6b9.jpg

no i don't, they're free to brethren. :becky: just bring da beah.

funny you skip #2. i woulda myself too, until i tried it. both myself and wife liked it best. after the habenero death dust dog that is.

the chicago dog is a surprisingly succesful coordination of ingredients. a must try!

Looks like we got Sweet Sixteen entries! I'd call that a goodly number of entries for a dog fight.:thumb:

no i don't, they're free to brethren. :becky: just bring da beah.

funny you skip #2. i woulda myself too, until i tried it. both myself and wife liked it best. after the habenero death dust dog that is.

the chicago dog is a surprisingly succesful coordination of ingredients. a must try!
Had my share of the Famous Chicago Hot Dogs, 2 with the works,with the dayglow green relish, and the seeded rolls on top of a pile of fries. I am not a fan of the Vienna Dogs. I like Beef/Pork in the natural casings, I want the snap. I'll take a Rawley's, Kuhns, Mikes Drivie inn (Stratford)or the Windmill's dogs.

Had my share of the Famous Chicago Hot Dogs, 2 with the works,with the dayglow green relish, and the seeded rolls on top of a pile of fries. I am not a fan of the Vienna Dogs. I like Beef/Pork in the natural casings, I want the snap. I'll take a Rawley's, Kuhns, Mikes Drivie inn (Stratford)or the Windmill's dogs.

ah, i see. my personal go to is the merrit canteen in b'port.

Back