Tonight's Cook and Tomorrows Pron

smokinQ2

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Here is the first meat on the smoker. A couple of hams. I couldn't find a whole shoulder which is what I really wanted to cook. Team is cooking in the Charlotte comp in September and never cooked a whole shoulder plus Q-Dat got me pumped earlier this week. Here are a few photos.

Coming to room temp
P7020067.jpg

One with salt and pepper and one with mustard and rub
P7020071.jpg

Mustard rub
P7020073.jpg

In the smoker
P7020077.jpg

More in the morning.

Looking good so far. But, those look like picnic shoulders rather than hams.

Oh, forgot to add in my helper tonight. Lord Buck!! More pics of him guarding the smoker tomorrow. :)

P7020079.jpg

Label said hams and they were $.99 per pound so I grabbed them. Maybe thats why they were $.99

Boshiz,

U r spot on. Just dug thru the trash and says Picnics. They had a big sign that said HAMS so I swallowed the hook. Oh, well I really needed a whole shoulder so the cook is just for fun anyway. Thanks for the catch.

Boshiz,

U r spot on. Just dug thru the trash and says Picnics. They had a big sign that said HAMS so I swallowed the hook. Oh, well I really needed a whole shoulder so the cook is just for fun anyway. Thanks for the catch.

Picnics make great BBQ. So, at $.99 a pound I think you got a great deal.

Dang, your helper looks about as helpful as mine.

Here Buck is asleep at the wheel while the Bubba Keg temp is dropping.

P7020081.jpg

Here are the Picnics at 7:30am.

P7020082.jpg

Babybacks and Short ribs next.

Beef ribs and babybacks ready to go.
P7020088.jpg

P7020089.jpg

Beef Shorties on the smoker

P7030093.jpg

Picnics are looking good. Int Temp is 182. Can't find a pic but will post one when we put on bb ribs.

Oh, he and his two friends will be wanting to help around 7pm tonight... :)

OK, so a little late but here is Sunday's cook pics. Picnics turned out great, Moinks and Doinks were great but just a little over done, Fatties were good. On the bad side the Beef Short ribs did not turn out great. They looked great but were tough. Not sure what I did wrong.

Breakfast Fatty - blueberrys, walnuts and maple syrup. Tasty and great with pancakes.
P2070094.jpg

Bubba Keg loaded up.
P2070096.jpg

My other 2 guard dogs - huh!!
P2070102.jpg

Moinks - bacon wrapped meatballs,
P2070106.jpg

Doinks - dates with almonds wrapped in bacon - tasty bit rich
P2070110.jpg

All this sauce from one fridge - wife says I have issues
P2070105.jpg

Here are the Beef short ribs - look good
P2070120.jpg

Blueberry fatty
P2070122.jpg

Forgot about the Baby backs - they were rockin.
P2070121.jpg

Pull pork - excellent. Picnics do taste a little different
P2070123.jpg

The plate but couldn't find my Carib lager for pic. Wife's cornbread is the best.
P2070125.jpg

Best part is lots of leftovers.

Looks absolutely delicious!:cool: Give your helpers a pat on the back.

The not so funny part is I left the drip pan out and the chocolate lab got into it. What a mess three hours later.... No pron of that.

Meat looked great, Sorry to hear about the hound gettin into the drippins... Labs they'll eat anything. The labs moto "The vet called it a foreign object, I called it delicious!"

Back