THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MRI_Guy

Take a breath!
The odds are above average that the MRS & I will be attending the football game between the Wisconsin Badgers and some State University in Ohio.

The folks that invited us have a fetish - no, make that obsession - with bacon. They have asked me to cook for the group at the tailgate party.

I figure that I would bring out the 'good stuff' as far as bacon goes. The double smoked extra thick bacon packaged with extra fat. I have made ABTs, pulled pork, and Wendy Sue's Favorite Cajun Shrimp for them at Road America in the past - so they already know that I cook up good beer food.

I just want something to knock their socks off using this special bacon.

MOINKS, CLOINKS, Pig Candy and Bacon wrapped scallops/shrimp. Oh and for some roughage Bacon wrapped asparagus!

Last edited:
Halushka

1 lb Bacon
1 Pkg Egg noodles
2 Med onions
1 head Cabbage or 1 Bag of Cole Slaw Mix
Salt & Pepper & Red Pepper Flakes

Boil Egg Noodles
In large pan or Electric Skillet Render Bacon that has been cut into 1 inch squares
Do not drain grease. Add onion and saute till translucent then add cabbage cook till it softens. Then add egg noodles and seasonings. Saute for about 5 min then serve.

Wrap 1/2 a whole waterchestnut in bacon and hold with toothpick. Bake 350 1/2 hour. Make a bbq sauce from ketchup and brown sugar (or your favorite bbq sauce) and bake another 1/2 hour. Always a hit when we bring them to parties.

How about a bacon weaved Fatty and filled with what ever you like as long as there is Cheese in it. Those are always a hit.....

First off let me be the first to send my condolences on having to be subjected to such a poor level of football, especially that team from south of here...

I can recommend the Bacon Explosion that was mentioned above...

From Smoke and Spice...Chicken from hell! Marinated chicken inside a section of jalapeno wrapped with bacon. I like onion and green pepper slivers inside with sauces on the side for dipping.

This recipe will be great for tailgating. It can be prepared ahead of time and served as a side for anything BBQ.

http://www.foodtv.ca/michaelsmith/RecipeDetails.aspx?dishid=6869

It is hard to only have one bite!

Thanks for the link. I may have to give that a test run using standard bacon next week. I can see making that Friday morning, packing the pan and all with my beer in the cooler then getting on the plane to C'bus with something like that.

If the Badgers and Buckeyes don't start playing better - it could be an early kickoff cutting into tailgating time.

First off let me be the first to send my condolences on having to be subjected to such a poor level of football, especially that team from south of here...

I can recommend the Bacon Explosion that was mentioned above...

You must be in East Lansing, talking about that team in Ann Arbor..:wink:

Back