question for tri-tip sandwiches????

grillfella

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Got a small drop off job for the city of Paramount police station, on the 4th I am doing a tri-tip lunch box. Each box lunch includes 1 tri-tip sandwich on a 6" roll cup of tater salad and individual bag chips. My question is how many pounds of tri-tip? I was thinking 15 lbs. sound about right???
"35 sandwiches total"
thanks in advance

Bill
PS HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL THE BRETHREN:icon_shy HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE

Last edited:
Bill, great to hear your doing that. How many people?

What is the standard % loss on Tri-Tip? 10-15%?

At 1/3lb per sammie, your gonna be close.

Being and Officer myself, I know the Brotha's in Blue can put some chow away! I would go with about 20lbs myself, I feed 40 with that amount and had a little left but didn't have it for long!! And besides I know you boys in California can get Tri-Tip DIRT cheap, when we go out to visit the In-Laws in Northern California we STOCK UP!! :cool:

I have a question on this.. When you make these sandwiches ahead of time, do you sauce them or put it to the side? basically, how do you prevent the sammy from getting soggy?

Cheers

I have a question on this.. When you make these sandwiches ahead of time, do you sauce them or put it to the side? basically, how do you prevent the sammy from getting soggy?

Cheers
What I did was just put meat in bread, put tomato and lettuce in seperate baggie and left squeeze bottle of bbq sauce.

Back