Brinkmann SFB Mods

J

Joe Grod

Hello, I'm new to this site, but have been smoking on an old Brinkmann Pitmaster Deluxe for a bunch of years. I recently bought my son a "Smoke and Pit" but after putting it together, we are not happy with the "designed" gap between the cover and lower half of the barrel.
I know that some fellow smokers have purchased this version of the Brinkmann smoker and have made mods to these units. Would appreciate some advice or a link to these mods, thanks.

Joe:sad:

HIghtemp RTV (the red stuff) grease up the edge of the Fire box. Put a bead on the lid close it up and put a weight in the handle leave it for a day. Remove the weight open the door and trim any excess. Or you could return it to the store and buy a Chargriller Outlaw and not have that issue.

HIghtemp RTV (the red stuff) grease up the edge of the Fire box. Put a bead on the lid close it up and put a weight in the handle leave it for a day. Remove the weight open the door and trim any excess. Or you could return it to the store and buy a Chargriller Outlaw and not have that issue.

Thanks, sounds like the stuff I use when changing water pump or thermostat on one of my Cherokees. I'm looking to address the gap between the cover and barrel of the cooking chamber. I thought I saw a thread where aluminum was attached along the lip of the cooking chamber to create a flange which fit inside the cover and eliminated the gap.

Joe

Back