Moink's!

Roby

Knows what a fatty is.
Ok brethren, I want to hear your guy's favortie Moink recipes. I don't know why but I have yet to make some of these scrumptious looking guy's.

Thanks,

Roby

I think Larry would tell you 2 things, Simpler is better and it is always-always-ALWAYS spelled in all caps - MOINKS!

Now go gitcherself some meatballs & bacon!

BTW... I once lived in Sedro... don't remember much of it, I was pretty young

BTW... I once lived in Sedro... don't remember much of it, I was pretty young

That's awesome:thumb: I gotta say I really love it here. It's my kinda weather, not much heat, lots of rain and a little bit of snow.

Thanks for the replies guy's. These are on the list for my next smoke for sure:clap2:

I just made them for the first time on Saturday. I made my own beef and pork meatballs and used Oakridge beef and pork rub. They turned out great! The family really enjoyed them and i will make them again for sure!

Since Larry (the creator of MOINK balls) is not posting these days, and since and am still the Sgt. at Arms for the International MOINK Ball Appreciation Society, let me just say this:

1. Please use all caps - MOINK balls, not moink balls, out of respect for their yumminess.
2. The original recipe calls for the use of frozen beef meatballs, bacon, rub cooked over real smoke (not in an oven)
3. A glaze is recommended, but optional. Use your imagination. My personal favorite is 1/2 apple jelly, 1/2 jalapeno jelly, heated and thinned to liking with apple juice.
4. ALWAYS...and I mean ALWAYS, make more than you think your guests will eat.

Smoking is better than grilling, IMO, but both options work. Since frozen meatballs are precooked, smoke/grill until the bacon is as crisp as YOU like. I usually do some with very crisp bacon, some not so crisp, so people have a choice.

Enjoy your venture into the world of MOINK goodness!

:)

I've only made regular MOINKS with an Italian seasoned meatballs wrapped in bacon with rub. I should try a sweet yummy glaze one time

Since Larry (the creator of MOINK balls) is not posting these days, and since and am still the Sgt. at Arms for the International MOINK Ball Appreciation Society, let me just say this:

1. Please use all caps - MOINK balls, not moink balls, out of respect for their yumminess.
2. The original recipe calls for the use of frozen beef meatballs, bacon, rub cooked over real smoke (not in an oven)
3. A glaze is recommended, but optional. Use your imagination. My personal favorite is 1/2 apple jelly, 1/2 jalapeno jelly, heated and thinned to liking with apple juice.
4. ALWAYS...and I mean ALWAYS, make more than you think your guests will eat.

Smoking is better than grilling, IMO, but both options work. Since frozen meatballs are precooked, smoke/grill until the bacon is as crisp as YOU like. I usually do some with very crisp bacon, some not so crisp, so people have a choice.

Enjoy your venture into the world of MOINK goodness!

:)

I honestly meant to spell in all caps for the title:doh: Thanks for the reply, I'm pretty sure these little guys are getting smoked this weekend so if I remember I will throw on some PrOn:thumb:

Are turkey meatballs allowed or is that just crazy talk? The Trader Joe's frozen turkey meatballs are great...awesome flavor.

Are turkey meatballs allowed or is that just crazy talk? The Trader Joe's frozen turkey meatballs are great...awesome flavor.

Not sure but I think that would make em Gobbleoinks. :laugh: It is my understanding that the name MOINK was derived from MOO(beef meatballz) and OINK(pork bacon). ???

Back