THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chefman316

Knows what a fatty is.
Does anyone make their own BBQ sauce and freeze it? I would love to make a larger batch and pack them in smaller pouches, freeze them, and just bring them out when I need too. Would this change my flavor, or consistency?

Probably can. I know my wife freezes tomatoes sauce and paste in Ziploc bags no issue. Try it out on a small batch and thaw for a couple weeks see how it tastes.

I had Western dressing in the fridge separate once, and couldn't get it "shake back together". I called the company, they told me it probably got too cold in the fridge. They told us it tends to separate when it freezes & thaws.

This is the only thing I could think of that might happen, but it would sure be worth a try to test it.

I vac-seal it and freeze bbq sauce separately when I ship bbq meats to my kids. Even fully frozen and packed in dry ice, they never had any problems with separation..

Back