Buckboard Bacon

ICDEDTURKES

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So I have 3 3.5-4lb pork butts that I cured on the leaky offset fighting 30mph winds and 40 degree temps for bacon.. Plan to pull somewhere between 140 and 150.. Cooking at 200 degree..

Seeings that I am cooking these to 55-60 cooler than a typical butt and most likely avoiding any type of stall.. What type of time frame am I looking at approximately?

I know its done when its done.. But wanna know if this is gonna occupy my whole evening and hate to open this leaky thing more than I have too on a day like today..

You may be fighting a losing battle with conditions and equipment like that. I would figure at least four hours in ideal conditions, but in your situation it will take longer. At least a couple hours more. If you have to smoke it for a few hours on the smoker and then finish it in the oven to get it to temp. I would have it on the smoker for about four hours then if it is not done, transfer it to the oven. Just MHO.

You can always throw a heavy moving blanket or similar over the cooking section to help insulate the smoking chamber.

Back