Cooking Burgers, and lots of them?

Pa_BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
We want to finally venture out with our business, we have been licensed for a while now but have been busy with my photography business so have only done some small jobs.

We want to vend at a burger festival in May and trying to plan out how we can cool volume burgers.

I have the Meadow Creek TS120, a reverse flow offset that by all means is not ideal for this, but I wonder if its doable.

I really want to use wood or lump to get a different flavor than all the other vendors who are using propane. However at an event like this where there is likely to be lines, this may not be the best idea.

I also have a Large and XL BGE, a couple WSMs and a Meadow Creek BBQ 26S

If you were doing an event like this would you use what I have assuming there is the possibility of selling 1000 burgers over a weekend or would you get something made more for the task?

If there is something that is made for this kind of job, would love to hear some ideas.

done the burger festivals using the backwoods one year then th e Sounthernpride after that..we make em up 400 to 600 per day..and have them ready to go in, just placed in the pans and cook to interanl temp of 140/150
if you want to be better, mix your spices into the meat before forming, we had a buddy at local butcher shop grind our meat combo and then he formed in his production machine for only a few cents, only draw back is it did not look like a homemade burger as it was perfect stamped boughten look..

Thanks, ideally the TS120 will work, you can sure fit a ton of burgers on that thing.

I will play with it and see how long it will take to cook them, this way I can stagger putting them on at different times.

Place the burgers on a screen (hotel tray) inserts - shortens the times with the doors being open/losing heat.
Wouldn't want to add burgers by hand one at a time. Does your 250 have a warmer? How hot have you run it at?

Place the burgers on a screen (hotel tray) inserts - shortens the times with the doors being open/losing heat.
Wouldn't want to add burgers by hand one at a time. Does your 250 have a warmer? How hot have you run it at?

Great idea about the hotel tray making adding burgers quick.

Its not a 250, its a 120 and yes it has a warmer usually it stays at 140-160.

I know once I get it hot, and I keep feeding it hardwoods it can run a long time with out having a problem with ash build up.

I see your from Harrisburg, right down there in Meadow Creek territory.

Great idea about the hotel tray making adding burgers quick.

Its not a 250, its a 120 and yes it has a warmer usually it stays at 140-160.

I know once I get it hot, and I keep feeding it hardwoods it can run a long time with out having a problem with ash build up.

I see your from Harrisburg, right down there in Meadow Creek territory.

Sounds like you are working on your answers.. But if I were searching for a burger, I would go to where I could smell real smoke...

Sams club 8 burner event grill

Attachments

• DSCI0740 (Medium).JPG
    DSCI0740 (Medium).JPG
    97 KB · Views: 75
You need a flat top like the Sam's Club one or bigger. You can rent them. Precook the burgers on the flat top then put them on your off set as needed. A few seconds of reheat and serve.

Back