Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Mcpheson, KS; Aug 27-28 2010

M

Manny69

Anyone else going to McPherson,KS that weekend for the When Pigs FLy contest? My team, Redneck Firehouse BBQ and I will be down there competing and would love to meet some of the Brethren.

Congrats Butchers on Grand Champion of the Wheels and Squeals competition this past weekend.

Website

Has anybody seen a better website for the When Pigs fly contest than the Chamber site that it takes you to????

Has anybody seen a better website for the When Pigs fly contest than the Chamber site that it takes you to????

Nope haven't seen anything that messed up in a long time. Thanks for the congrats.

Last edited:
I just checked with Jennifer and there are 32 confirmed teams...
Any other Brethren gonna be there? Sounds like some pretty nice Quein' weather!

Smoke & Beers it looks like it will be a very nice weekend to Que. Lookin forward to meetin all the Brethren. My buddy that competes with me is also originally from Emporia. Stop by and see us.

Smoke & Beers it looks like it will be a very nice weekend to Que. Lookin forward to meetin all the Brethren. My buddy that competes with me is also originally from Emporia. Stop by and see us.

Will do...and yes, it looks like we are going to have some really nice weather!

We'll be there! Had a blast last year and expecting the same this year.

I'm suprised that there are so many teams with several other comps going on this weekend all over the state.

Shawn, This is Mason from Bruer Q, we were in the big white 5th wheel parked next to you. Great job on your 1st in ribs!!

Chicken was our best showing with 11th.

Ribs, we found out from the KCBS rep (He came over about 10 minutes after judging to notify us, Very cool!) that a small piece of bark caused 2 ribs to stick together which resulted in all 1's from one judge and 1's in appearence from the other 5. We still got 28th!

Again, congrats on the ribs and a big congratulations to Butcher BBQ for GC!!

Thanks for the congrats. Sorry we couldn't be there for the awards but I had to get home. See you down the BBQ trail. Congrats to everyone that got calls.

Back