One of the better 4th of July parties...

Dakaty

Full Fledged Farker
We were supposed to go to a pool party at noon but the host called about 10 AM and cancelled it due to weather. Oh well...

Then about 2 O'clock he called and said the party was back on. We were to come over at 4:30 and we would eat around 6. Well fine. We jumped through our asses and finished the new projects we had already started and then made the desert and iced down the drinks that we were supposed to bring.

Got to the party about 4:45, just in time for it to start raining (which it did for the rest of the time we were there). Anyway, the beer was cold and flowing, the pool was wet and the fun started. Well about 9:00 (only 3 hours past schedule) the host decided it was time to cook the burgers. Of course by that time I could have cared less, but there were some non imbibbers and kids about so I volunteered to help cook. The host brings out these HUGE patties (over an inch thick) from Sams that are frozen solid. We procede to put them on his gas gril that has a rusted out burner that just shoots flames in the center and a grill surface that was so rusted the patties would fall completely through it to the lava rocks below if you didn't position them just right. Plus the gril was out in the freakin rain, in the dark so except for the flames, there was no light.

Anyway, we burned the crap out of the outside of the burgers for about 45 minutes and took them inside. Well they were still raw in the middle, so back to the burner they went for another torturing 20 minutes.

We finally got them to stop bleeding and brought them inside where everyone was starving to death (the patties now looked like slightly oversized Kingsford briquettes). While we all worked frantically to build our burgers, the Hostess and her 31 year old daughter got into an argument. They had loud words and the daughter went outside where she and the Host got into it. Then the Hostess went outside and all three of them were really going after it. Lots of yelling, cussing, door slamming etc. Man it was great. I quickly crammed down my burger, got the family together and got out of there as did the rest of the party.

Like I said, man it was great!

Last edited:
Dakaty said:
Anyway, the beer was cold and flowing, the pool was wet and the fun started.....

Like I said, man it was great!

Sounds like a winner to me.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes things like this are exactly what you need. It can be like a smack in the back of the head to wake you up and make your realize that you don't have it so bad after all!

I know that I feel so much better when I can witness my brother's teenage kids give him the same type of attitude that mine give me.

Well said Vinny, dinner and a show. Dakaty you have the sympathy of a brother who totally farked up yesterday. Rhum and bbq dont mix unless of course the bbq is on a plate.

Back