"Happy Hour" MOINKage

Jersey Joe

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I bartend a few shifts a week at my Elk's lodge (Bergenfield, NJ #1477. come visit!)...

Nothing all that special, but wanted to share:

While shopping before the storm at my local supermarket I saw these prepared meatballs for 4.99 per 3lb. bag. So I grabbed them to make a MOINK ball snack for happy hour the other day. Wrapped the bacon, (also on sale) around them and sprinkled some Weber sweet & tangy rub on them.

Made them in one batch on an 18" Weber OTS that I got from another bartending job. (a "freebie" from Estancia Vinyards). I keep it out the side door of the bar, under our pavillion).

I let em sit out there over a pan using briquettes and some hickory for about an hour. Then brushed with Sweet baby ray's. Took them off after about 20 more minutes (it was cold out there and the bar was starting to fill up). Bacon was crisp and the sauce had set.

Made 2 huge piled plates of them. (never got to take a pic of the finished product, as I was slinging drinks around at that point). The whole bar went nuts for them!

Will do it again! ..and the tips were very good that happy hour!:wink:

IMG00012-20091216-0239.jpg

IMG00013-20091216-0315.jpg

IMG00014-20091216-1602.jpg

IMG00015-20091216-1602.jpg

Nice Moinks! I can see why the tips were good.:wink:

Any hour that was server would be considered happy hour.

Vey nice!

Nice thinkin, cooking and working at the same time couldn't get much better, imo.

Back