BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "Steak"

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This weeks category is...

[SIZE=+2]"Steak"[/SIZE]
grilled_steak.jpg

Anonymous Photo

Here is the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown which we follow every week!

1) The item must be either Grilled or Smoked.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown week ( 4/13 - 4/19 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by 9pm Central on 4/20.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin by Tuesday 4/21 after I submit the "Vote" thread and voting will close on Sunday 4/26. All votes will be public.

Next weeks category will be "Beans", as decided by the winner of the Dry Rubbed throwdown, Ron L!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Ummm... While I have been accused of being full of Bologna, I was not the winner of the Bologna Throwdown.

Ummm... While I have been accused of being full of Bologna, I was not the winner of the Bologna Throwdown.

You should be flattered Ron.

When Chris sees words that contain a "log", he thinks of you.

Hung Mod

You should be flattered Ron.

When Chris sees words that contain a "log", he thinks of you.

Hung Mod

Not EVEN gonna go there! :twisted:

However...I'm all over this weeks throwdown like stank on chit! :biggrin:

Are you sure? Hmmm....I think I know why I got confused...:lol:

You're right. That's not to say you don't deserve recognition for all your baloney though.:wink:

angus rib eye

angus rib eye and grilling cheese. man... i am getting sick of eating that all the time :biggrin:

this cook is best viewed to the tune of "fire", by the ohio players 8)

sear at 650 90 seconds a side with a raging fire of royal oak lump charcoal, three hickory chunks, and a handful of jack daniels oak barrel chips around the outside

beef-029.gif

smoast at 450 till it has a devil tail like this

beef-053.jpg

pull at 125-130 and rest

beef-073.jpg

grill the bread cheese

beef-076.jpg

perfect!

beef-079.jpg

:biggrin:

"Did you say, STEAK!"

I may have to "throw down."

Wifey needs a steak this weekend.

Dang it, I have to be out of town for a long weekend and will not get one cooked in the next two days.

This is gonna be a good one.

Whoa, I would think any of Rick's photographs (well other than the cheesy one) could be the winner.

I'm dead tired and still stuffed from a huge dinner but that last pic from RTD makes me want a steak RIGHT NOW! :eek: Give me that plate, a hunk of crusty bread, and a cold beer.... damn....

Great looking steak and bread cheese! I thought I was having flash backs looking at the first pic though.
Earlier Daze Mod

Nice job with the animation on that one.

Very pretty steak Rick! Looks like a winner to me.

BTW, don't forget to pick your Throwdown Pic!

angus rib eye and grilling cheese. man... i am getting sick of eating that all the time :biggrin:

sear at 650 90 seconds a side with a raging fire of royal oak lump charcoal, three hickory chunks, and a handful of jack daniels oak barrel chips around the outside

beef-029.gif

smoast at 450 till it has a devil tail like this

beef-053.jpg

pull at 125-130 and rest

beef-073.jpg

grill the bread cheese

beef-076.jpg

perfect!

beef-079.jpg

i was kinda going for hendrix... "let me stand nest to yo fiah".....

Hey Rick!

You suck and I'm going to kill myself!
Is there any chance that you would prepare my last supper?
I'd like to go out with a smile on my face.

Weiser

You suck and I'm going to kill myself!
Is there any chance that you would prepare my last supper?
I'd like to go out with a smile on my face.

Weiser

thanks guys! it was good, but it wasn't that good! :biggrin:

Very pretty steak Rick! Looks like a winner to me.

BTW, don't forget to pick your Throwdown Pic!

i might just cook another steak this weekend, so i'm holding out on picking one for the vote thread because i might like the next set better :biggrin:

Back