Leftover Turkey and Sausage Gumbo with pr0n

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Believe it or not, I had some leftover turkey. And, I had some leftover sausage that I had previously grilled on the SJG. So, I had the basis for a gumbo, and a gumbo I made.

Here's the turkey...

picture.php

And here's the sausage...

picture.php

Of course, I made my own roux, a nice chocolate brown...

picture.php

The other ingredients were the holy trinity (chopped onions, bell peppers and celery), chicken stock, water, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt -- and a few green onions added for serving.

Money shot...

picture.php

Thanks for looking.

CD

This German guy doesn't know much about making roux. But that looks really tasty! Nice photos too. Is that Le Creuset cookware I see? nice!

This German guy doesn't know much about making roux. But that looks really tasty! Nice photos too. Is that Le Creuset cookware I see? nice!

Yes, My Dutch ovens are Le Creuset. The Le Creuset outlet in Allen has some good deals on factory seconds, if you keep and eye out. I got all of mine at 50-percent off or less.

BTW, a roux is not difficult to make, although people think it is. It is actually very easy, once you know how. I'll gladly walk you through it sometime. We live close -- we should get together and cook sometime.

CD

I make a similar gumbo when the weather gets cool enough here in FL. I like to start with a stock I make from smoked turkey bones, and I smoke some andouille for the sausage.

That is outstanding! Beautiful color on the roux, and that sprinkle of green onion on top...I just want to dive right in! Nicely done! :thumb::thumb:

Back