Full Practice Round Pron for First Comp

kwas68

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I welcome your feedback. I'll hold my comments so I don't influence anybody.

Attachments

• IMG_0286small.jpg
    IMG_0286small.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0298small.jpg
    IMG_0298small.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0296small.jpg
    IMG_0296small.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0294small.jpg
    IMG_0294small.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 199
They look great
Chicken-8
Ribs-8
Pork-9 ( mouth is watering from that shot)
Brisket-7 (looks alittle dry)

I also did a practice over the weekend. Wish my stuff looked half as good as yours.

Those are pretty impreesive boxes for first comp. I like the chicken and pork the best. I like the pork slices excdpt for the end piece on the right. I always put the slices in the front. To me it catches the eye better. I also put the burnt ends in back and slices in front. Nice shine to the chicken.

Overall very good and I’d say excellent for a first comp/practice, you will do well.
To critique …
More trimming on the chicken to be more uniform, also bring the smallest pieces to the front.
Nice finish and uniform on the ribs, I would question if some would call that marking. You can show a picture to the rep ahead of time to clarify.
Pork looks great
Brisket looks very clean, speculating because I’m looking at picture, the cuts look very crisp … too crisp. I would be skeptical as to the doneness.
Lastly clean up the edges of the parsley in the box. Try to be more uniform at the edge. Again that is a critique not a comment that the parsley looks bad.

Yes, I would make the parsley a little neater. Otherwise, very nice looking boxes! I don't see how the rib arrangement could be considered "marking," though?

Over all a nice set of turnins!

chicken - a little more uniform - as already mentioned

ribs - dont see that as marking either. but I would try and make the ribs a little more alike as best I can

brisket - would have trimmed the brisket before cooking a little more. space out the burnt ends a little. maybe 5 on top 5 on bottom or down the sides

pork - I like the placement. could have added more to the front - make the top pieces look like they are more of a match (that you cut them from the same piece)

again, you did very well. I have a feeling you will do well - my opinions are worth what you paid for them.

Very nice all around. Singling out the brisket box, the slices are excellent!! I'm not sure you need the burnt ends, but if including them I'd cut down on the quantity or try a different arrangement to balance out the box.

Great job!

Holy crap!! I just looked at pics of some of our turns when we started. Yours look really GOOD!!:thumb:
I'd take out one burnt end on the cow box and even up the parsley a little on a couple of them.

I'm truely impressed if this is really your 1st practice run.

I've made other practice runs but this was the first time I did all 4 and pretended to be turning it all in. Well, I actually did turn it all in to my hungry guests!

Back