Spicy Gochujang Chicken

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
There's a Hot Chicken Throwdown going on, so I decided to make some Spicy Gochujang chicken thighs. The wife had been busy in the garden all morning and was taking a nap, and I wanted to get these in the marinade, so I decided to wing it. Gathered all the necessary ingredients. Not pictured is chopped garlic, sugar, and a couple other spices.

IMG_5285_zpsa2gip2ot.jpg

Learning to cook like the wife, I chopped the peppers and scallion up and put it in the bowl with a little of all the other ingredients. I tasted it and it was pretty damn good with a definite after burn. Wife stumbled out about this time, tasted it, liked it, but added a little a little more Soy Sauce and sugar.

IMG_5287_zpso8bcd4wi.jpg

Into a Ziploc bag and into the fridge.

IMG_5288_zpsa5aazyti.jpg

A couple hours later, time to get one the grill.

IMG_5290_zpsaxvjcdul.jpg

Grilling hot on the WSCG around 350*, elevated to get a more even radiated heat.

IMG_5291_zpss2ae18is.jpg

Starting to get dark. About 30 mins in.

IMG_5292_zpsar0yt6lp.jpg

Let them go 15 mins longer. Should have only been 10 mins. :(

IMG_5293_zpspym6j2su.jpg

Plated.

IMG_5294_zpsjyyrh9nh.jpg

Skin was very crispy, almost too crispy. Meat was tender and so juicy it squirted on me several times when I bit into it. Flavor was good, but did lose a little of the heat. Definitely something I'll make again...

Three for me, two for her, but she put one back and I ate it for lunch the next day. Hey, you snooze, you lose! :mrgreen:

That's some mean lookin' bird, Terry.

Love the flavors you're throwing down over there.

That's some mean lookin' bird, Terry.

Love the flavors you're throwing down over there.

Thank you Sir. Watch a master Asian chef long enough, you pick up what works well together.

After trying y'all's ribs last weekend I know that is some mighty tasty yardbird there!

Man that looks great! I don't understand the leftover thing?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Love that stuff! What is the difference in the gold tub and red tub?

Thanks y'all.

SD, I asked and she doesn't know either. We have an open tub of the gold and a new tub of the red. We just tried a dab of each. Both spicy, fermented peppers. I can tell a difference. It's all good stuff...

Back