Bolo**theft of cooker**๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿš”๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿš”

I use to drive by that place 5 days a week on my last bid run. Never got to stop in. Dang shame.

Have never figured out why some people feel they have a right to just take/steal/con

They don't feel they have a right to it- they just believe they won't get caught or it won't hurt too bad if they do. All we can do is be vigilant and try to get them caught - and make it hurt.

Have never figured out why some people feel they have a right to just take/steal/con

They don't feel they have a right to it- they just believe they won't get caught or it won't hurt too bad if they do. All we can do is be vigilant and try to get them caught - and make it hurt.

Oh but the do believe they do...

Iโ€™m not going to post news stories in qtalk, but just google it for yourself...

Almost no way to stop someone from winching the thing into the back of a box truck and leave. No amount of chains or cable would stop that.

So I am going through this in my mind, what value was lost by the thief -
NOT being able to register the trailer legally, and

the damage [??] to the smoker, removing it from the trailer?
NO.
He sold it for $300 to someone who will learn that
Cheap isn't always good.
This buyer will get pinched on the trailer registration #s.
Or, if he' s smart will sell it for $350 .... see how this goes?

So I am going through this in my mind, what value was lost by the thief -
NOT being able to register the trailer legally, and

the damage [??] to the smoker, removing it from the trailer?
NO.
He sold it for $300 to someone who will learn that
Cheap isn't always good.
This buyer will get pinched on the trailer registration #s.
Or, if he' s smart will sell it for $350 .... see how this goes?

I'd think a quick grinding wheel to the vin plate, removing the branding from the smoker and MAYBE a rattle can of krylon would be all that's required to register it as a homemade smoker. At least that's how it'd go in Florida. Can't imagine TX is much different.

Thanks for the heads up Adams. I dislike thieves.
Every time I hear of someone bragging about a great deal on beef they purchased out of the back end of a truck or back room of a business, etc., I think that it could be one of my beeves. (or a neighboring rancher's)
Same with stolen cookers. I watch for people bragging about the "great deal" they got on their new smoker. :tsk:

Back