To foil or not to foil?

ZBucket

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Do top teams foil their ribs in competetion or not?

Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't.

Depends.:decision:

I have ruined some good ribs with foil and I have saved some bad ribs with foil.

Foil is a tool one can use like the Thermometer for internal temp or the Clock. It is a "fixer" of sorts. It manipulates time for you. In the case of ribs, however, nearly everyone attempts to return their ribs to the natural state before presentation.

FE's dont need foil!

Just saying...

Kingfisher no, FEC yes.

Foil has made us more consistant. (Consistantly bad maybe but our scores have improved.) We have worked hard to perfect a process and take a lot of the guess work out of it. Foil helps us with that.

Kingfisher no, FEC yes.

Foil has made us more consistant. (Consistantly bad maybe but our scores have improved.) We have worked hard to perfect a process and take a lot of the guess work out of it. Foil helps us with that.

I guess its just hit or miss with the type of ribs youre doing. I mostly do babybacks and have found, foiling them on the FE is pointless, where as on my Pro Q its almost a necessity for at least one hour. Im going to start working with spares and see what happens.

Bring foil. If you need it; you have it. If you dont need it, use it to wrap up the drunk
who stumbles into your camp site at 3am... That, and duct tape.

Funny, just (literally, 10 minutes ago) had a guy talking about how he made the
best BBQ in his life this weekend, using a pork loin in the crock pot cooking it with
a fruity salsa. As stewed pork goes, I'm certain it was wonderful.

Not sure what the heavy hitters do...but we don't...:cool:

Back