THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LukeRoz

Got Wood.
Had beautiful weather this wknd so I decided to clean out the UDS and try some pizza on the stone i recieved for Xmas. Used some oven cleaner and pressure washer to clean, burned out and reseasoned, threw on a naked fatty (till about half way done), made some 5 min Artisan Bread dough, piled on some ingredients for a Mexican Pizza, threw on the sliced fatty slices, then popped it in the UDS till it looked done. Came out fantastic!! Cant wait for more nice weather to bbq....

Attachments

• UDS1.jpg
    UDS1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 316
  • PIZZASTONE2.jpg
    PIZZASTONE2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 314
  • PREPIZZA3.jpg
    PREPIZZA3.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 313
  • PIZZA4.jpg
    PIZZA4.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 316
I used charcoal and some mesquite (from a flavoring pack i received for Xmas as well...basically an aluminum cup filled w/ mesquite chips/sawdust)....i cooked at about 300-350 for about an hour, give or take......

i did not pre-heat the stone. I made the pizza right on the stone then put in UDS. I actually had no idea that people pre-heated the stone until i went to post pics on here....turned out fine though

With a pre-heated stone it probably would have cut your cooking time by half. Next time try 400F if you can get your UDS to maintain that temp.

nice looking pie! I may try my hand at it with the kettle tonight for first time..I dont own a pizzza stone..so will be using a cast iron skillet..hope to get similar results!!

Looking at your UDS put a smile on my face. That is one UGLY Drum Smoker. Great job on the pizza.

Yes, I grinned a little when I saw that pic! Usually them theones that cook the best. Thats a true UDS there. Ace hardware sells little latches that work great for holding down the lids. Just spot weld em on, my buddy did it and works great, I like your vise grips better though.

Thanks for the "compliments" on the UDS. She definitely smokes like a dream...just not a pretty dream ;) The vise grips work great, er used to....a few rainstorms seized them up a little. I did however get a cover over the weekend so that should take care of it.....

i did not pre-heat the stone. I made the pizza right on the stone then put in UDS. I actually had no idea that people pre-heated the stone until i went to post pics on here....turned out fine though

Try preheating the stone (leaving in the cooker the whole time) and use a pizza peel to put the pie on the stone. That's really what they're designed for plus you'll get a lot crisper bottom on the crust.

Back